Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for ANYONE out there who can speak first hand. I hear so many pros and cons about it but I dont think anyone has ever said anything that actually knows from experience.

Chris

·
Registered
259 Posts
man try searching this is talked about almost 2 times a day. lots of ppl have tried it but from what I gather it doesnt last too long, something about oil lines or somethin

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have tried researching it.....but I cant find anyone who has actually done it. Everything anyone ever says about it is just in their own little opinions with nothing to back it up. I'm looking for those special few out there who have given it a shot.

Chris

·
Registered
52 Posts
im in the middle of it. im waiting on a couple tools, shouldn't be too much longer...couple weeks or so before im done and ready to put it in.

v

·
Registered
756 Posts
Anderson4 said:
Looking for ANYONE out there who can speak first hand. I hear so many pros and cons about it but I dont think anyone has ever said anything that actually knows from experience.

Chris
try shooting my friend dan an email at [email protected] or catch him on aim: Rocketlude, he's got a killer turbo h23 vtec engine.

here's the dynoplot to gawk at:

·
Registered
898 Posts
I'm pretty sure he said that was an H22. He's not askign about turbod H23 or H22's. He's asking about a Frankenstein H23 with an H22 Vtec Head. The shop that does the work on my car runs an H23 with an H22 Vtec head on there race car. It makes about 630 HP. You can contact them about the Build. 970-377-2216
Ask for Brent, hes the owner of the shop, builder, and racer of the car. He could tell you how reliable it would be, and how hard it would be. They break theirs constantly, but it also makes 630 HP so what do you expect. :D
Their website is www.pfispeed.com

·
Registered
511 Posts
Thanks for the info....I havent contacted the guy whose email u gave to me. I'm worried about doing it because I dont want my car to spend more time in the shop than on the streets :). I would probably just be better off replacing the H23 with the H22 altogether and then adding turbo in the future.

Still undecided.

Chris

·
Registered
121 Posts
well accually if you wanna go turbo then get a jap spec 2.3 put that in your ride, and then turbo it because tha jap spec 2.3 has tha strongest internalls, with low end power and low compression witch would make your turbo run alot stronger and harder then if you got tha h22 vtec, vtec doesnt do very good with turbos, when they install it, they basically take away your vtec anyway and in comes your turbo, but with higher compression (for tha vtec) it would run as hard or strong because it has HIGH end power with less torque then tha jap spec 2.3 .....i juss got tha swap 4 dayz ago with a 2.3 jap spec, it runs hella good, ill smoke any vtec right now all motor!

·
Registered
737 Posts
smoke my v-tec ...lol

not what times have u run ...how and how many time s can u run .
i have at 100 passes and i just use gas
et14.3 96.33 lets go .....oh i never hit the 75 shot ,yet

·
Registered
682 Posts
I have that setup, with the h22a head and the h23 bottom end i have had it for about 2-3 months now and it works fine. I have i/e/h cams. I have had no leaks no problems. You just have to make sure you go to a place that knows what they are doing

·
Registered
52 Posts
accord_lmt how long are you running now? im following through with my build. i need to get my pistons/rods pressed tomorrow and after labs and clinicals i plan to spend the rest of the day piecing it together...should give me a good amount of time to get a lot done.

v

·
Registered
52 Posts
TrboH22 said:
I'm pretty sure he said that was an H22.
that dyno posted above is of a fully built 2.3vtec turbo running on an autronics ecm. at high boost he is pushing more than that now, and detuned he's daily driving the car.

v

·
Registered
168 Posts
fade_this said:
hey what are the specs of a jdm h23? and how much do they cost?

197hp @6800RPM
163lb/[email protected]
redline around 7500RPM

cost: $2500-3500

believe to have oil squiters, different cams, and detuned ecu...if prelude sh or jdm prelude cams and prelude ecu...power is close to 220hp.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts