Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
just put in my pistons/rods. the 2.3 crank fit ok with the piston oil jets. the problem was the stroke of the pistons. the piston would hit the jets before btdc. sucks...i had to pull them. later on in life i'll be more creative and figure a way to get them in. but not right now. i want to drive! i just plugged the oil jet feed with the factory 2.3 bolt i had on the spare block.

however the problem might be the type s pistons. but then again, i forgot to measure them against the usdm2.3/jdm2.2 pistons i have to compare. anywho... i'll need another couple weeks to finish. my hospital clinicals are starting and i won't have too much time to myself :(

i got some pictures but i haven't checked the quality yet. later i'll post

just a lil update.
v

·
Registered
5 Posts
Whats up fellas? I am currently running an h23 vtec motor in my 96 Accord. I've had it for about 5-6 months so far. The power is awesome! I've had a few problems that I working on but overall it has been running great. No leaks. The only major problem I had early on was the old tensioner bolt broke, that sucked. Even in my heavy accord w/ full stereo system my car pulls strong. Haven't really had a chance to run a 1/4 miles.

I had the motor built using oversized type-S pistons, shot peened rods, micropolished crank, new seals, new water pump, i/h/e and fuel pressure reg. Originally my car was auto and so I had to swap to 5 speed. It was well worth it. I also added clutchmaster stage 3 and an lsd I would like to get some headwork and cams but I don't have the funds right now but soon! I just wish I had access to a dyno somewhere close:confused:

Anyone else who has the swap I would be interested in talking about future upgrades with:D , so drop me a line!

Later.

J.:D

·
Registered
898 Posts
pureplayaz829 said:
well accually if you wanna go turbo then get a jap spec 2.3 put that in your ride, and then turbo it because tha jap spec 2.3 has tha strongest internalls, with low end power and low compression witch would make your turbo run alot stronger and harder then if you got tha h22 vtec, vtec doesnt do very good with turbos, when they install it, they basically take away your vtec anyway and in comes your turbo, but with higher compression (for tha vtec) it would run as hard or strong because it has HIGH end power with less torque then tha jap spec 2.3 .....i juss got tha swap 4 dayz ago with a 2.3 jap spec, it runs hella good, ill smoke any vtec right now all motor!
Whatever He-Man...Theres plenty of people out there with all motor H22s that I'm sure would beat you. when turboing a Vtec engine you DO NOT disengage Vtec. The cam overlap is actually fine as long as the tuner knows what he is doing which most do. Whats Compression on an Jap H23?

·
Registered
34 Posts
V6/4Life said:
197hp @6800RPM
163lb/[email protected]
redline around 7500RPM

cost: $2500-3500

believe to have oil squiters, different cams, and detuned ecu...if prelude sh or jdm prelude cams and prelude ecu...power is close to 220hp.
are u talking about the f22b? if so that engine only makes 160hp same as the USDM h23a

·
Registered
215 Posts
If its a 2.3 vtec your looking for then it's the type-r accord motor you need. Not sure if you'll find a real type-r accord motor in the states though. But it's the only one that's origanaly a 2.3 dohc vtec.

·
Registered
604 Posts
just put in my pistons/rods. the 2.3 crank fit ok with the piston oil jets. the problem was the stroke of the pistons. the piston would hit the jets before btdc.
did you fix it? what was the hight difference in the h22 and h23 block?

let me know how it turns out cause i am doing the same thing....h23 vtec turbo

·
Registered
52 Posts
nope, i had to take them out. the piston had too much travel before btdc. i'd have to cut a window into the pistons to fit them, and i wasn't going to do that. everything had just been balanced. later on in life i'll try to customize a jet, or modify this one. its hanging on my wall now :)

n8ivestyle did you balance everything? how long have you been up and running? how does she handle and respond to the 7.7k limit?

v

21 - 30 of 30 Posts