Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if so... pics? tips? what did you use?

i've done it on my previous car by puttin magenta celephane over the clock on the inside, but the glass overlayin the clock was clear... in preludes its piss-yellow...so even tho the clock itself it electro-greenish in color, if you take it apart, it still looks yellow due to the cover.

also i want to change the color the window switch... where it says "auto" how would i take it apart? is there only one screw holding everything? everythin else just snaps on??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
He he. That fuckin' clock is the bain of my life right now. That and the Climate Control (mines digital)... I would suck Oprahs' ass to find a fix for that. I want mine blue, but it seems that the 'piss yellow' you described is going to have to do....
As for the window switch, I'm gonna do mine this weekend so will let you know. I think the whole assembly kinda lifts out and some fiddly work is ahead to change the light.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,134 Posts
a lot of people soldered leds in them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Muttznuttz said:
He he. That fuckin' clock is the bain of my life right now. That and the Climate Control (mines digital)... I would suck Oprahs' ass to find a fix for that. I want mine blue, but it seems that the 'piss yellow' you described is going to have to do....
As for the window switch, I'm gonna do mine this weekend so will let you know. I think the whole assembly kinda lifts out and some fiddly work is ahead to change the light.

yea, i'm right there with you...
it's so cold out right now, otherwise i'd try shit. i tried gettin to the climate control but i cant take off the Fan and the Temp levers to take the whole thing apart you know... i guees they just glue them on as a final steppp... so annoying.
and for the door, i took out the screw and shit still didnt wanna move, yeah its the whole assembly together so thats why i'm skeptical about only one screw holdin it down.. and i doubt there's gonna be a light there... most likely a weak ass 3mm LED.
-what an unfrienldy car :(

and yea, you can unsolder old LEDs and replace with new ones but not for the clock... there's just an LiquidCrystal Display screen and thats it, so where would you stick an Light Emitting Diode? :nuts

you have any pics of your digital CliCont?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5 Posts
Hyper2k said:
yea, i'm right there with you...
it's so cold out right now, otherwise i'd try shit. i tried gettin to the climate control but i cant take off the Fan and the Temp levers to take the whole thing apart you know... i guees they just glue them on as a final steppp... so annoying.
actually, the knobs on the temp and fan slider just pop off with moderate force. just take a flat head screw driver and pry from the bottom, comes right off :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
will do, thanks!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,126 Posts
For the clock, you'll have to put a piece of transparent plastic so that it changes the color. They aren't LED bulbs like some people saying. Only the climate control, window switches, cruise, sunroof, and dimmer switch use LEDs
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Prelude1897 said:
For the clock, you'll have to put a piece of transparent plastic so that it changes the color. They aren't LED bulbs like some people saying. Only the climate control, window switches, cruise, sunroof, and dimmer switch use LEDs
Yes, but the transparent plastic doesn't mix with the yellow and it still shows up blue. I have done a full blue led conversion on my 4th gen lude including the radio, climate control, and digital gauges. The only thing I can't get is the radio screen that I pulled from a 5th gen lude. Its that piss yellow color. Oh well, I guess I will have to make it match my boost gauge unless someone else has another idea cause I've been tryin for a while. :bh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yes the transparent plastic is caller celephane ,as i memtioned earlier. It also decreases the brightness alot... does anyone know which wire to cut to remove the night time dimmer effect??? (so that when you turn on the light the clock stays bright and doesnt dim)

maxvtec.. ditch that unit for an aftermarket one and you'll be set.. its doesnt even show the seconds of the song when the cd is playin, only the track number. anoyyed me for a week, then i replaced it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Hyper2k said:
yea, i'm right there with you...
it's so cold out right now, otherwise i'd try shit. i tried gettin to the climate control but i cant take off the Fan and the Temp levers to take the whole thing apart you know... i guees they just glue them on as a final steppp... so annoying.
and for the door, i took out the screw and shit still didnt wanna move, yeah its the whole assembly together so thats why i'm skeptical about only one screw holdin it down.. and i doubt there's gonna be a light there... most likely a weak ass 3mm LED.
-what an unfrienldy car :(

and yea, you can unsolder old LEDs and replace with new ones but not for the clock... there's just an LiquidCrystal Display screen and thats it, so where would you stick an Light Emitting Diode? :nuts

you have any pics of your digital CliCont?
Heres a shit photo. Will try and get some more over the weekend. You can just about see the blue LED's on the climate control...

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
u resoldered them right?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
Yeah, took the climate control to bits and put in the new LED's. Word of warning. I could only get round super brights and the ones that came outta there were square (to fit into the switches). I sat with a file and squared off all 8 LED's to fit into place. Some may say I have too much time on my hands!!! It was a fucking pain, but the results were definitely worth it. If you have the normal sliders for temt etc, you can use normal LED's without all the filing. Do a search on SNACKPACKS' threads. He did a good write up on that procedure...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
32 Posts
Hyper2k said:
yes the transparent plastic is caller celephane ,as i memtioned earlier. It also decreases the brightness alot... does anyone know which wire to cut to remove the night time dimmer effect??? (so that when you turn on the light the clock stays bright and doesnt dim)

maxvtec.. ditch that unit for an aftermarket one and you'll be set.. its doesnt even show the seconds of the song when the cd is playin, only the track number. anoyyed me for a week, then i replaced it.
First of all, the reason I kept my stock deck is because I like the look of it. I hate aftermarket decks because they never look flush or good at all! Believe me, with all the time I have spent working on my stock deck(both of them), I have often thought about buying an aftermarket one :eek As far as your dimmer is concerned, when I did my gauges I ran into this problem too. However, the dimmer has two options: you can have it automatically dim when you turn your headlights on, or, when you turn the dial past bright you will hear it click. This keeps it in the brightest mode at ALL times. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
333 Posts
maxvtec7500 said:
First of all, the reason I kept my stock deck is because I like the look of it. I hate aftermarket decks because they never look flush or good at all! Believe me, with all the time I have spent working on my stock deck(both of them), I have often thought about buying an aftermarket one :eek As far as your dimmer is concerned, when I did my gauges I ran into this problem too. However, the dimmer has two options: you can have it automatically dim when you turn your headlights on, or, when you turn the dial past bright you will hear it click. This keeps it in the brightest mode at ALL times. Good luck!
The stock deck does look the tits, but it's really not that good as far as features go. I agree if youve spent that much time on it, it's a pity to give up. I never knew about that dimmer switch, that is BRILLIANT! Reppy for you! :w00t
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top