Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I have a 98 ex. I'm using the Hasport EKK2 mount kits. I swapped in a ps crossmember and rack from an ITR. Everything went fine, and then I try to put the rear bracket in place. Clink... Won't fit. The bracket hits the p/s line.

When you try to put it in place, the holes are misaligned by about 8mm. So, add some clearance around the line, and I would have to grind a notch at least a 1/2 inch into the bracket to clear the line. I did some digging and found that is exactly what some people have done to address this problem :

http://sromagazine.com/prima/displayimage.php?album=43&pos=4

Of course I found this lovely problem on Friday evening about 15 minutes after Hasport had closed for the weekend....

Anyways, here are my pics...

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I ended up cutting the line just above the fitting and reflared the line. The flare tool is fairly easy to use. It was the first time that I had ever used one. I had to bend the line fairly straight in order to slide the fitting back enough to use the flare tool. So you have to take your time to make sure you do not damage the line. You can see that I had plenty of clearance after modifying the line.

The last pics show the bracket tightened down into position.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.