Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Aight...I hate to admit it but i am just gonna have to except it. My f22b1 has way to many mile son it to turbo it now. I am gonna have to back down from the project for now. I will prolly go a head and pursue the swap direction and see what happens with that. Thanks everybody for all the helpful info you gave me, sorry I asked so many ?'s and now i can't even use your knowledge really. I guess i did learn something though...think the situation through before you start buying shit. Well if anyone needs a t3 let me know.

·
Registered
936 Posts
uhh, what does milage have to do with anything??? I've seen guys boost cars with 225k miles on it with no problems and other guys who boost on a car with 20k miles and blow it. It's all in how good the motor was taken care of and the tuning of the motor.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i have 185,000. i have a rebuilt tranny, but everything on the motor is stock. I have already had one valve cover bolt retapped and there are otehre that look suspectable, I just don't feel like FI is the way to go with this motor, so I'm gonna wait untill I swap, then rebuild my f22b1 for a mean FI project

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
flip1199 said:
uhh, what does milage have to do with anything??? I've seen guys boost cars with 225k miles on it with no problems and other guys who boost on a car with 20k miles and blow it. It's all in how good the motor was taken care of and the tuning of the motor.

deffinately. if the motor is in aight shape go for it.

·
Registered
936 Posts
umm, what does a valve cover bolt have to do with the piston rings and cyclinder sleeves?? I had about 170-180k miles on my old civic when i turboed it. Now i have about 160k miles on my turbo prelude. I say go for it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts