Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently read the Imports vs. Domestic thread becaus I thought the topic would be fun. I, myself like Hondas, but I also like Camaros and Corvettes. I have always liked Domestics (power), not the Ford reliability. I do find it fun and interesting to tune (not rice out an import).
My reason for this thread was not to bring up a closed thread, but to just ask all of you why you have to hate on each other. It doesnt matter if you like domestics or imports. Although I do have to agree that the people who come on here and post flames about imports are a little ignorant.
Imports have, in my opinion come a long way to gain the respect they should have had since a few decades ago. you shouldnt judge a car by what country it comes from. So just let me know why you always have to hate.

·
Banned
619 Posts
I like all cars from domestic to import but now I am more a import guy but hey whos the fastest out there well its the domestics. Now yes imports have came a long way and now they are breaking 7's in the 1/4 as for the V8's in the 3's now but were catching up thats for dam sure

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't think it's the type of car as much as the mentality of the owner/driver if you ask me. Then you got this whole respect deal hanging over each sides words :rolleyes I really wished people would stop caring about what other people think and move on. I undstand people wanting to be different, that is why I went with a demestic 4cl car ;) The majority of people think imports when you say fast 4cls and why I went the other way :D I probaly will never own an import in my life but I'm not going out of my way to hate one either. I choose a demestic 4cl since the odds are more against it than an import in my opinion. It's also more fun in my mind to beat a V8 stang using a I4 Stang:p

·
Registered
526 Posts
IMOTEPHT said:
OH YA the grand national is SWEET!
have u seen the vid of tim allen with the saleen mustang and jay leno with the grand national "its a V6 buick with a extra turbocharger jay says! LMAO

But ya i just brought up lovin that car :D thnx dad!

·
Registered
51 Posts
FutureFbodyOwne said:
I hate the Ricers that thing there body kit, wing, and fart can makes there car fast.
Hey now...don't foget the 5" AutoMeter Tach :D Ok the one I hate the most has to be a Demestic ricer :rolleyes These guys crack me up, exspecaily the mustangs running the Honda front ends on them. I love mustangs a lot but this group takes the cake on being dorky :p

My vote on cars goes to the 2.3T Stangs :clap I got a friend beating WS6 birds with a total of 3500.00 in his and thats including buying the car :wow

·
Registered
8,403 Posts
93mzd said:
I recently read the Imports vs. Domestic thread becaus I thought the topic would be fun. I, myself like Hondas, but I also like Camaros and Corvettes. I have always liked Domestics (power), not the Ford reliability. I do find it fun and interesting to tune (not rice out an import).
My reason for this thread was not to bring up a closed thread, but to just ask all of you why you have to hate on each other. It doesnt matter if you like domestics or imports. Although I do have to agree that the people who come on here and post flames about imports are a little ignorant.
Imports have, in my opinion come a long way to gain the respect they should have had since a few decades ago. you shouldnt judge a car by what country it comes from. So just let me know why you always have to hate.
i wouldnt call it hatin, we all like cars that have proven themselves...so basically we just showin support for wat we got.

·
Registered
4,608 Posts
i am a car lover of all types.. dometic or important i love them all for what they are capable of.

honestly its not the really domestics vs imports... its always those few people who make it a big problem which blows things out of proportion.

domestic guys will respect any car that is fast.. even if it is a civic (as long as it runs 11s and 12s). not all domestic car guys think imports are rice, as long as it is done with good clean taste. its always those wannabe teenage pricks with their fartcan exhausted civic that domestic guys hate.

for me, i really don't like 350z and srt4 owners. they really do think they got the fastest sh*t on 4 wheels. seriously if you visit their forum they claimed to have beaten everything in their stock 350z i.e. modified cobra, ws6, m3, and the list goes on and on.. dont believe me? go to my350z.com. the damn f*ckers.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
the way I see it, were all in this sport for the same reason, so why fight about whether we own an import or a domestic. It takes a bigger person to give respect than it does to flame each other.

·
Registered
10,923 Posts
I've got a friend who's owned many "muscle cars",
the last one being a '67 Camaro convertable, and I
can honestly say their interiors suck/are "cheesy" as
hell. Even my Nissan interior's better than anything he's
had, and that says a lot :lol. His cars were kick-ass,
though, and could definately stomp my Honda/Nissan
"on any given Sunday" in a race. These old geezers,
trying to "re-live their youth", are driving prices up :lol2.
20 years from now, when a B16 WILL be considered
"muscle", I'm sure the cash will be flowing for old
Hondas.

·
Registered
51 Posts
BlueBallz said:
had, and that says a lot :lol.
Your comparing the look of a 20+ year old car to how old of a Nissan :confused

BlueBallz said:
These old geezers,
Hondas.
How old are you?

Anyways, It's going to take more than a B16 in the future for someone to give up hunting something like a 426 Hemi, a 302 Chevy ( yes a 302 SBC) or a 302 Boss.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Haha these threads get interesting. I LOVE CARS. Whether it be a rice rocket, pasta rocket, or a gas guzzling domestic V8, I love them all. Hell my first car was a 1965 mustang (289 v-8 4bbl etc etc) that i fully restored. Now I drive an accord, lol. I've been on both sides of the fence. Actually, for me, there is no fence. I want to have an Acura TL with nice wheels and a very badass sound system (good mileage, reliable, VERY luxurious for the price), and I wanna hand build a very scary FI 5.0 engine and throw it into an A/C Cobra, and I also want an exotic car like a ferrari or lambo. See, if it has wheels, it's interesting to me. I even had a 2004 Suzuki Katana last year. Even two wheels, lol. I can't stand when someone flames someone else for what kind of car they like. Opinions are like assholes, EVERYONE has one.

BlueBallz said:
had, and that says a lot :lol.
Ok... you are an idiot. Look at how far cars have come since 1990. Compare the interior of a 1990 Ford Taurus to the Interior of a new Acura... NOT EVEN CLOSE. And that's just in 15 years. Is it that amazing that your newer Nissan has a "better" interior than a 38 year old car. Come on dude... they had AM radios and if you paid extra you got "STEREOPHONIC", lol... and I bet his Camaro would get more girls than your B16 civic buddy, seeing that you definetly NEED a girl badly. See, you're the kind of guy that says stupid shit like that and gives the import guys at SHO a bad rep. Good job you have succeeded at being an idiot.

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
2.0LMustangEatr said:
I might get rid of my ac and get a CTS-V
Get rid of your AC Cobra and get a CTS-V? I wasn't sure what you're trying to say... I did hear that the CTS-V's are supposed to be really scary though.

·
Registered
51 Posts
krazykloudz said:
Come on dude... they had AM radios and if you paid extra you got "STEREOPHONIC", lol... and I bet his Camaro would get more girls than your B16 civic buddy, seeing that you definetly NEED a girl badly. See, you're the kind of guy that says stupid shit like that and gives the import guys at SHO a bad rep. Good job you have succeeded at being an idiot.
:bounce

Damn thats was funny!

Ya, not trying to impose dems on anyone but that 67' would make him luckyer than a two dick dog :D

·
Registered
51 Posts
krazykloudz said:
Get rid of your AC Cobra and get a CTS-V? I wasn't sure what you're trying to say... I did hear that the CTS-V's are supposed to be really scary though.
If you get a chance...ask him WTF is a 2.0 Mustang :nuts

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
BlueBallz said:
had, and that says a lot :lol. His cars were kick-ass,
though, and could definately stomp my Honda/Nissan
"on any given Sunday" in a race. These old geezers,
Hondas.
The plasticky material of the past cannot compare to modern interiors as far as comfort is concerned. But the imports of the day were way worse then domestic cars as far as amenities are concerned.
;)

1 - 20 of 45 Posts