Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 88 civic DX and been having this weird problem.. .

everytime i take out the ground cable to install stuff, fuel filter, etc THEN after i put the ground cable back and start my engine... it acts really weird.. like it idles really high.. and when i tap the gas it brings up the rpm's and holds it (eg. idling at 2K... tap the pedal and brings it up to 3K and holds).. drive it... drives normally but between gears when the clutch is depressed the revs dont drop... it holds at the steady rpm i left it at.... but eventually after like 10-15 mins.. my engine settles down...

and i know its not the throttle cable or throttle body getting stuck... i cant figure out what is causing this... has anybody had this problem before???
anyone have an idea what this is??
im guessing its a computer problem...

· Registered
714 Posts
I dont think it is a problem. The service manual suggests that everytime you disconnect your battery for service reasons you should let your car warm up to normal operating temperature(fans kick on at least once) without touching the throttle and with all accesories off(air, heat, radio ect...) and then shut it off. Then crank it again and it should be fine.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.