Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,917 Posts
bushfreakz said:
anyone know if you have to drop/lower the motor in order to get the crank pulley off?

93 civic ex.. looks like about 3/4 in. room in there to move.. but shaft is prob longer then i think...
I belive you will have to take the motor out or lower it to get it off, for the fact that its bigger then the amount of space in the engine bay..

· Registered
2,917 Posts
skidtron89 said:
No you don't.......you need the special tool to hold the pulley while you lefty loosy it though.
I belive the radiator is in the way even with the tool...

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Nothing is in the way of removing the crank pulley on any Honda motor and no Honda motor needs to be dropped or removed to remove the pulley. None! That's a tight fucking bolt though. As soon as you remove it the pulley will just fall off. You don't need a puller if that's what you think you need room for.

· Registered
2,917 Posts
skidtron89 said:
Nothing is in the way of removing the crank pulley on any Honda motor and no Honda motor needs to be dropped or removed to remove the pulley. None! That's a tight fucking bolt though. As soon as you remove it the pulley will just fall off. You don't need a puller if that's what you think you need room for.
No puller?? I have yet to see one that you dont need it for. those bitches are on there.

· Registered
1,052 Posts
Phatcivic said:
No puller?? I have yet to see one that you dont need it for. those bitches are on there.
Then there is something wrong with whatever your doing cause the reason why the bolt is tightened to 135+ftlbs is so that theyare not pressed on. If you have a Chevy or something it would be like 50ftlbs or 80 orsomething cause it's held on by being press fit. Maybe on your Nissan it is but NO Honda uses a puller to remove the crankshaft pulley after removing the bolt that retains it. NONE! NOT EVEN ONE! NONE! I don't however know if the 2.7L V6's needed a puller since not all of the engine was manufactured by Honda itself. That would only be found in early Accords and 1st gen Legends.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.