Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is "SRS"? I have a '97 integra ls 4 door, and just yesterday the SRS light came on when I started the car and it hasnt turned off since, why is this??

·
Registered
34,361 Posts
SRS is the supplemental restraint system = airbags

that means that there is an issue with your airbag system. while that light is on your airbags will not work at all. so I think that you should head to a dealer and find out what is going on with it. since you have airbags in your car, they might as well work properly

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking if somehow there is a wire for this and accidently came loose, my integra is bone stock there is nothing modified what so ever, so this does worry me, well thanks for the info...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok I just talked to my mechanic and it seems that when ever you replace your battery or disconnect, sometimes the srs gets reset, and yes the air bags do not work when the light is on, woah, so maybe my car misfired sometime this week, because I do notice that sometimes it takes a couple of cranks to start it...

·
Premium Member
18,247 Posts
take off the neg. wire to your batt...

let it sit for a few mins.

then reconnect it and start up the car..the light should stay on for a few seconds and dissapear

if it doesn't, take your car to get it serviced

·
Registered
3,254 Posts
4_door-Johny said:
Yeah right i bet they will i have full coverage and its a part of my safety so then bitchs better

*EDIT*not the tv's yall :lol
they will not pay for it if it isn't working correctly. Do they pay for new brakes when ever you need those? Brakes are for safety.

The only way the insurance company will pay for it is if you are in an accident and the airbags deploy. They will pay to have them setup again so they will deploy if you are in another accident.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
What you need to do is find the yellow plug under the dash and put 12V to it using a diode check function on a multimeter while sitting in the drivers seat. :D j/k don't do that it'll pry deploy the airbag in your chest or face point blank. You need to take it to a dealership and have it inspected and fixed properly.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts