Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres the setup first:
96 ex civic D16y8
Srp pistons 9:1, Eagle rods, Port and Polished Head(<<Stock)
t3/t4 .50/.48
Revhard DRAG manifold
2.5 DP and 2.5 custom exhaust
Tial 38mm wastegate
Rfl BOV
TurboSmart single stage MBC
550cc injectors
Hondata

I had this setup tuned at 245whp and 202wftq at 15 psi. We were havin some troubles with boost, I actually wanted about 19 psi but the wastegate gasket was blown. So I fixed that and still only 15 psi. My question is why? I think that it could be several things, but not sure. The MBC might not be able to raise boost that high? I have a 10 psi spring(It only reads about 8-9 with the controller switched off) in the wastegate. A friend said that some controllers only raise it about 5-6psi over base wastegate. Should I get the 13psi spring? Or could it be the head? The dyno sheet showed my HP fallin off about 6500-7500 rpms. The tuner said the car was running out of air in the top end. Does any of this sound right or is there something im missing.

· Registered
4,657 Posts
Small turbo, small motor, restrictive exhaust and manifold.
those could deff be the start of it.
Take the exhaust off and see if the boost raises.

Also try discoing the WG line. But be careful doing this. Just do it enuff to see if it will go over 15psi. Dont hammer on it and keep on it.

· Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So what sould I do? Change the turbo again? It is a t3/t4 50/.48. I lowered it from .63 to boost faster. Or would I be better off to get the intake manifold or cam? If I you get a little more power on the topend without raising boost, I guess that would be OK too. It is just that I set the goal for this engine at 300, and I only made it to 245whp and 202ftq. But if I could squeeze some more on the top end that would be alright. The dyno shows that's where the car is falling off. My tuner said that it was running out of air, either the turbo, manifold, or cam.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.