Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 95 Del Sol with a 1.5 and it had started to idle all crazy, up and down constantly, just revs up and down almost all the time it is not in gear. Any idea out there ?

·
Registered
170 Posts
It sounds like the IAC Valve to me. Its a valve on the back of the intakemanifold that is held on by like 2 or three bolts. They go bad everyonce and a while. They are kinda pricey though. I would try to clean it out with brake cleaner first. They can get gummed up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
i get that also i thought it was because i tapped into the vacuum line for a gauge. But ill look at the IAV valve. My father owns a NAPA so it shouldn't be to bad

·
Registered
261 Posts
check two things first before you go replacing parts.... vacuum leaks and check your coolant level. low coolant will cause idle surge

·
Registered
10,346 Posts
Link in my sig. read it and enjoy a purring idle

·
Registered
67 Posts
My b16 del sol was doing the same thing. I Sprayed carb cleaner in the intake manifold and cleaned the carbon off of the plates and it stopped

·
Registered
7 Posts
if its smoking badly after shutting off the car, or you smell an awesome burning smell then it could be a bad head gasket, which is what the problem for me was. if not, probably your iacv.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts