Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
get the VTEC headstuds, ie the gsr/si. Call someone like Summit Racing and tell them what your doing, they can help you out and have awesome prices:)

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
No, I just ran into this problem few days ago.

You need B20 with B16a head ARP head studs. Its a specific part# and yes summit has them instock.

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
and I repeat again...its soooooo pretty :bounce :bounce

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WHAT? What studs do I get. What Defi4ance said was not excacty clear. I have a B18A block with a B16A head. what do i get? I just put in some GS-R studs and they stripped out my 2 inner threads. Pretty pissed off right now. Have no option but to helicoil the bitch.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
You need head studs for a b20 with b16 head.

I have a b18b with b16 head, and thoes are the head studs i had to use (B20 w/b16 head).

Basically they are LS/VTEC head studs.

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
heck LugnutRS...guess what my block is getting built as we speak..and by my block I mean my other block the B20Z i just bought :evil Yeah you want GSR head studs by ARP ;) Thats what I have on my LS/VTEC with ITR head...but I didn't put it together and I have no problems with it, however on the list I got of parts I ordered it said GSR head studs...but whatevers clever...I'm sure they've done the right thing. :D

1 - 13 of 13 Posts