Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4,057 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215012

that thread is where someone brought up the issue first. i didnt wanna jack their thread so i made this one...

obviously my head gasket is leaking, but i dont know how serious of an issue it is since the leaked oil in the pic has accumulated over 3500 miles, ive been cleaning it ever oil change and watching to see if it gets any worse. I monitor the oil level and it doesnt make and noticeable lower levels in the oil. but of course, i want to change this gasket. i guess my question would be, how long is the safest to wait to replace it? i dont really have the time or knowledge to do this right now, and i definitly dont want to hire a mechanic.

drop me some head gasket knowledge :)

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
95db8 said:
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread.php?t=215012

that thread is where someone brought up the issue first. i didnt wanna jack their thread so i made this one...

obviously my head gasket is leaking, but i dont know how serious of an issue it is since the leaked oil in the pic has accumulated over 3500 miles, ive been cleaning it ever oil change and watching to see if it gets any worse. I monitor the oil level and it doesnt make and noticeable lower levels in the oil. but of course, i want to change this gasket. i guess my question would be, how long is the safest to wait to replace it? i dont really have the time or knowledge to do this right now, and i definitly dont want to hire a mechanic.

drop me some head gasket knowledge :)

only leaking from that side? no oil and coolant mixing yet??u sure its not the cam seal?

·
Registered
84 Posts
That pic. looks exactly like my motor.we both definitly have the same problem. this sh*t is buggin the hell out of me. My civic runs like a bat outa hell, but i am forced to worry about the possible "blown headgasket" on a motor that is otherwise perfect. i may have the gasket changed. i dont know if it makes a dif. but my b18c1 is from a 2000 jdm gsr.

·
Registered
30 Posts
My grs is leaking oil in the same spot and quite a bit too but I have 140,000 miles on it so I think it is the head gasket. I am going to change the gasket when I get my type r head. Any help and info that you find out would be great.

·
Registered
64 Posts
A_White_GS-R said:
I have a BRAND NEW HEADGASKET and there was oil in the exact same spot. I'm gonna look at it again this week after I cleaned it off and check if there is more oil.
did you replace your headgasket yourself? if not how much did it cost (labor)?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
2k Si MSTR said:
did you replace your headgasket yourself? if not how much did it cost (labor)?
Nah I didnt do it myself. My mechanic did it when he rebuilt my motor a month ago. It could have been me just puring some oil out and it landing there so ima check it again this week and see whats up and if theres oil there then ima be on the phone real quick.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
A_White_GS-R said:
A number of people will pray to the car gods that its only the cam seal. I know I will be praying as well. I've dumped way too much money into that engine to have to rip it apart AGAIN.
you should have made sure it was that before u did the head gasket? didnt i post to u earlier about it being the cam seal? im pretty sure thats wat it is. clean it all real good and see

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
asianpride559 said:
you should have made sure it was that before u did the head gasket? didnt i post to u earlier about it being the cam seal? im pretty sure thats wat it is. clean it all real good and see
Nah I blew my old motor and then had it rebuilt and this is happening now. I didnt change the gasket because of this.

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
i think my cam seal leaks too, how do you fix it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.