Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 94 ls motor. I have oil in the spark plugs like a lot of oil. Is the head gasket the problem? And how do you replace it. Does anyone have a write up on this? PLEASE HELP ASAP.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The oil is on top of the spark plug like when i take out the wire there is a puddle on everyone of the plugs. You think it might be from the nitrous? Im not sure how it was caused. The car still runs fine and there is no smoke form the exhaust which tells me that its not the gasket b/c im not burning oil. If its the head gasket i have a 2001 head im gonna put on it. I will replace the seals anyway. How much are they for a set?

·
Registered
2,499 Posts
Definetly spark plug seals. They go underneath where the valve cover meets the head. pretty easy install and not too expensive parts. Be careful when you seat the valve cover back on as they tend to flatten easily.

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool thanks alot man. first thing i though it was going to be the HEAD GASKET. Thanks for your help man. I will let you know if it is corrected. How do you rep points on here can i give them to you? b/c if your right you def helped me out.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I was thinking about replacing my valve cover gasket. I know I need the VCG and (4)spark plug seal.

What other supplies do I need and seals do you think I could replace since I got the cover opened?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Maybe the cam seal... depending on how old the motor is... it would help.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.