Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused:
I have a question about my Integra. I have had a very slow leak of some type of fluid around the head part of my engine. i am currently wondering if this is a shitty head gasket. I ask this beacuse i do not notice any loss in oil, and it is only a small leak. It flows down right ny the b18c1 number. Anyone your comments or advice is needed. Also i have been driving with this for over a year now. Good Bad or what.
Later

·
Registered
264 Posts
you might need to remove the head and have it re-surfaced. it is more likely to be coolant. i had that same problem...in my last engine, and the machine shop tool the head and resurfaced it and it was fine after...and right now i can see it slightly in the same spot with my current engine.

i plan to buy head gasket remove head and get it done at the shop..and see if that fix it.

later

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is cooltant the same color as the oil. the noly reason i ask is beacuse usually transmission fluid id red and then the oil is anywhere from clear gold brown ot black. This fluid id colored like oil. But again i notice no siginficant loss in oil. Thanks for your respnse and again any and all are welcomed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts