Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know if they make head gaskets to raise my compression on my b16. If so can u plz let me know who makes it and where to order it ty

·
Registered
5,860 Posts
Probably Mugen, or look into Mr.Gasket they make like 2 and three layer head gaskets, you just need a thinner head gasket from a proven and trusted company like Mugen.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
CGCivicSiT said:
Probably Mugen, or look into Mr.Gasket they make like 2 and three layer head gaskets, you just need a thinner head gasket from a proven and trusted company like Mugen.
From what people have said the mugen head gasket is shit... Just what i have heard from some reliable people...

·
Registered
222 Posts
this has always been one subject that confuses me... someone please help me understand. Wuts the best way to raise compression, goin with an aftermarket head gasket or different pistons? And if using a head gasket, how much would it be raised? im actually questioning this for my gsr.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
Pistons will raise it as much as you want.

Headgasket is minimal. 10:1 with thinner hg will raise it to 10:2-4:1 maybe.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Defi4nce said:
Pistons will raise it as much as you want.

Headgasket is minimal. 10:1 with thinner hg will raise it to 10:2-4:1 maybe.
Wrong, they have head gaskets that will raise your compression from 10:1 to 12:1...

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
CivicDragon916 said:
this has always been one subject that confuses me... someone please help me understand. Wuts the best way to raise compression, goin with an aftermarket head gasket or different pistons? And if using a head gasket, how much would it be raised? im actually questioning this for my gsr.
Head gasket is a poor mans way to raise compression and pistons are the best and most complete and relaible way to rasie compression

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
TodaTeg said:
Wrong, they have head gaskets that will raise your compression from 10:1 to 12:1...

Who makes that? Link me.

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
TodaTeg said:
Dude, you dont even read your own links. And I quote "TECHNICAL NOTE
Compression ratio numbers are with TODA Racing 81.00mm pistons." "The 0.6mm gaskets are the same thickness as stock and do not affect the compression ratio, but the 0.8mm and 1.0mm gaskets lower the compression ratio."

For someone whos name has TODA in it, you sure seem to be lacking in knowlege about thier products.

Like I said before, I have not seen a Headgasket raise compression from 10:1 to 11:1 ect.

:rolleyes:

·
Registered
786 Posts
TodaTeg said:
I seriously hope you're joking...oh well, I can't resist.

On Toda's website
The 0.6mm gaskets are the same thickness as stock and do not affect the compression ratio, but the 0.8mm and 1.0mm gaskets lower the compression ratio.
On Toda's website
Here is why the CR numbers are what they are...

On Toda's website
TECHNICAL NOTE
Compression ratio numbers are with TODA Racing 81.00mm pistons.

On Toda's website
BTW, it is not possible to raise CR from 10.2:1 on a B16A to 12:1 using the headgasket only, in order to remove enough material for the CR to raise that much not only would the head gasket be too thin but, the headgasket would actually have to take away material from the head, and since that's not possible, it does not exist...that's why as Defi4nce said headgaskets will generally only raise your CR by .2-.4 on average.

·
Registered
786 Posts
Defi4nce said:
Compression ratio numbers are with TODA Racing 81.00mm pistons." "The 0.6mm gaskets are the same thickness as stock and do not affect the compression ratio, but the 0.8mm and 1.0mm gaskets lower the compression ratio."

For someone whos name has TODA in it, you sure seem to be lacking in knowlege about thier products.

Like I said before, I have not seen a Headgasket raise compression from 10:1 to 11:1 ect.

What he said...my post took awhile to do with all those quotes so you beat me to the punch!LOL!

·
Registered
1,879 Posts
haha, I was bout to say, Damnit he jacked my post! :D

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Defi4nce said:

Your right i did not read my link, because that has recently been added...but what confuses me is that their 81mm pistons with a stock headgasekt claim 12.3:1CR on a b18c-r, now their head gasket claims to bump the compression up to 12.3:1CR with the 81mm pistons, but it really has done nothing to the compression... I am very perplexed bby this...

http://www.todaracing.com/products/honda_b16a_b18c/head_gasket.html

http://www.todaracing.com/products/honda_b16a_b18c/piston_kits.html

So i am the only that sees this as weird? Cause shit like this is starting to make me wonder about Toda now....

·
Registered
786 Posts
TodaTeg said:
Your right i did not read my link, because that has recently been added...but what confuses me is that their 81mm pistons with a stock headgasekt claim 12.3:1CR on a b18c-r, now their head gasket claims to bump the compression up to 12.3:1CR with the 81mm pistons, but it really has done nothing to the compression... I am very perplexed bby this...

http://www.todaracing.com/products/honda_b16a_b18c/head_gasket.html

http://www.todaracing.com/products/honda_b16a_b18c/piston_kits.html

So i am the only that sees this as weird? Cause shit like this is starting to make me wonder about Toda now....
You're not reading...again...the .6mm headgasket is stock thickness therefore no change in compression will result, that's why the CR with in the B18C-R is listed as 13.2:1, and they don't claim it raises CR it just provides better sealing...Toda is right, you are not.;)

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
eghybrid said:
You're not reading...again...the .6mm headgasket is stock thickness therefore no change in compression will result, that's why the CR with in the B18C-R is listed as 13.2:1, and they don't claim it raises CR it just provides better sealing...Toda is right, you are not.;)
13.2:1 i do not see that anywhere...i see 12.3:1...

I never said that toda was wrong...i was not sure if i was reading it right, so i thought i would ask for a second thought on it...

I also think i am Dyslexic, not just here but every where...now that i have read over everything a few times everything makes sense...i feel like a fucking moron!!!! :) oh well i guess everyone has thier days...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts