Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as you guys know a couple of my valves are bent from stupidity. My head is being sent to a machine shop to replace the valves. I am buying crower valve springs and retainers for the shop to put in while they are at it. Is there anything else besides valves that i should do while the head is off. Remember my low budget though. LOL.

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
youre gonna need those new items,

head gasket***
TB gasket
Intake mainfold gasket
valve cover gasket
valve cover grommets (the grommets that seal where the nut goes on to hold cover down)
valve stem seal*** (part number 18137 or 18136 and 18139 or 18138 from www.hondaautomotiveparts.com)

the items with denote *** are critcal parts that are highly recommened to replace while doing a rebuild, and the valve stem is gonna be needed by the shop thats rebuilding the head.

·
Registered
510 Posts
I would recommend Ferrea or Skunk2 (not a big fan of Crower). You should do the cams while it's apart.

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
4bidden said:
Cams really arent that big of a deal while its apart, the springs/retainers are though. All it takes to install cams is popping the timing belt off and taking the cam caps off and they're out.
he already has them though so he might as well

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
nah i dont have the cams anymore, they were just stupid jdm cams. I put them on ebay. and these reason i am going crower is because i am getting an awesome deal. And i dont have the money right now to upgrade to the cams i want.

·
Registered
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
and i really dont think it is worth the money right now to get the head port and polished. anything else you guys can think of?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts