Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i got a 92 gsr and when you turn the car on u can hear a clicking noise from the head. the clicking noise is louder on the left side of the head then the other. any ideas what it could be?

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
sk8toymachine said:
ok i got a 92 gsr and when you turn the car on u can hear a clicking noise from the head. the clicking noise is louder on the left side of the head then the other. any ideas what it could be?
vtec motors click at idle. especially when cold. worste possible scenario is valve replacment. but i think it's the first situation. my motor use to do it all the time

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
DrivinVtec said:
:rolleyes

you sure its not your fuel injectors? if its not that you might need a valve ADJUSTMENT, not replacement. unless u get in there an theres a bent valve. but yes vtec motor are noisey little bastards :p
;)

·
Registered
2,806 Posts
DrivinVtec said:
but yes vtec motor are noisey little bastards :p
Yeah, you can hear mine from inside the cabin when I have the radio off. It scared the poo out of me the first time I heard it. Maybe it's time for a valve adjustment, as mentioned.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
sk8toymachine said:
so new injectors and maybe a valve adjustment will fix it then?
Maybe....if you haven't had one done in a long time do the valve adjustment....but I wouldn't replace the injectors without getting it diagnosed first.

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
use a long handled screwdriver and place the tip on the fuel injector while the car is running. Then place your ear on the handle. You will be able to hear the injector working and you can listen to hear if they all sound the same or if some are louder than others. I have one injector that is nice and quiet while the other 3 sound like jackhammers :eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.