Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Vtec Head on a ZC?

I think I know the answer to this but...I was wondering what vtec head is the strongest or best, and what other people have done with the ZC Block.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
KT88 said:
I think I know the answer to this but...I was wondering what vtec head is the strongest or best, and what other people have done with the ZC Block.
i'm assuming your talking about the sohc? if you are then i would go with a y8, or z6. Personally i would choose the y8 you get a little more power.

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
89CivicHatch said:
i'm assuming your talking about the sohc? if you are then i would go with a y8, or z6. Personally i would choose the y8 you get a little more power.
im fairly sure the z6 head flows much better.

·
Registered
506 Posts
There isn't a vtec head that will mate with the dohc zc block, sorry dude.

·
Registered
95 Posts
njn63 said:
z6 flows slightly better but the y8 has slightly higher compression. The benefits offset each other basically.
You can use the z6 head for the flow and use the y8 head gasket to get the higher compression. It works a buddy of mine did it.

·
Registered
506 Posts
No, that doesn't work, unless you want to spend a lot of money at a machine shop and replace your head gasket daily. This falls under the "It might work, but its going to cost a bunch of money and won't yeild any gains!" category

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
AK_CRX said:
No, that doesn't work, unless you want to spend a lot of money at a machine shop and replace your head gasket daily. This falls under the "It might work, but its going to cost a bunch of money and won't yeild any gains!" category

i'm hoping u read the whole thread where everyone is talkign abotu sohc zc and not teh dohc zc

i'm pretty sure anyoen woudl know a sohc head doesnt fit on a dohc block...common sense :bash

1 - 8 of 8 Posts