Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's the best i/h/e for a NOS set up, for a plate system for my 98 GSR. and my friends 2001 GSR, he has comptech header on his already.. mine is stock, so far..

·
Registered
432 Posts
the best i/h/e setup:

The ABSOLUTE BEST setup would be what I've got on my car... I'll sell it to you (the intake, header, and FULL exhaust) for $3500. It's a magic setup, and adds 100HP. :cool:

Just playing, but seriously, since you haven't been given much advise about it. No ONe really cares, it doesn't matter much. WORRY MORE about tuning your engine with matters of air/fuel ratio, fuel pressure, and fuel/nos (yes, i said nos and not nitrous oxide... it's quicker to type).

The best input I can give you about what you want, is I paid $750 for my HKS super dragger catback exhaust. It would have done the same for HP if I got a $150 muffler from my shop and had 2.5-3" custom pipe ran by a muffler shop. (cost being around $120)

YOU should really just try and match the air intake amount with the amount of spent exhaust. (a VERY basic estimate, nothing scientifically exact) All i'm saying is don't leave the factory air box. And in all honesty, not because they cost more, but the Cold Air Intakes are TONS better. Any Cold Air intake is fine, but I stand by my AEM CAI proudly.

Headers... get one that'll block out heat as much as possible. For example, stainless steel DC sports. It's definitely the best.

Everything boils down to the price you wanna pay. Once you decide exactly what you want, you can email me or something and i'll help you find it for a good price.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Think big. AEM cai is usually the most recommended, but comptech and Mugen are obviously very good as well. If you can get a 4 to 1 header with a 2.5" collector it will help flow the extra exhaust that you will be creating while spraying. The same goes for the exhaust. Get a nice open system. Apexi N1 is always a nice choice.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts