Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1



Install is pretty easy. You just gotta find a nice pattern to make sure the whole header gets wrapped. Took me about 45 min to do this.

Thoughts:
I really love this. My CF hood use to be so hot to touch. Now, even after a hard run, my hood is cool to the touch. Engine noise is also way down. I cant hear anything when i am stopped. The usual honda valve ticking has completely subsided.

On another note. If you are afraid of your header cracking or dont have the means or money to replace the one you have, do not wrap your header. There is a great possibility that the header will in fact crack. Right now, i am at the point to where i want it to crack so i can buy a nicer header. Overall i give header wrap an A.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,494 Posts
Cool!

But if it causes the header the crack, why cover it??

Can it be used safely on cast (such as a turbo manifold?)??
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
commador said:
Cool!

But if it causes the header the crack, why cover it??

Can it be used safely on cast (such as a turbo manifold?)??
yeah i have seen plenty of people use this as their turbo manifold wrap. With the heats those manifolds go through, i would think they would gain much more than a header.

I put the wrap on their to keep heat away from my cf hood to prevent cracking. And i also, as stated above, really dont care if it does crack. It will just give me a good reason to get a nice header.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,368 Posts
when i had my lude with the jdm h22a i heat wrapped my stock header and even put the heat sheild back on i noticed great difference in the heat change it worked good i cna vouch for this header heat wrap..


btw did u do it while it was on the car i did it makes a mess cause ur suppose to wet it then wrap it leave that creame looking residue on every thing it touches i had to clean alot of shit off so if you do it do it with the header off might be easier too
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yeah i took my header off to do it. I mean it only takes like 15 minutes to get the header off. It will save time in the end cuz putting that shit on is like going through a maze.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,343 Posts
dude! your sig is sick man! take it off! lol

and yeah, wrappin the headers can crack it. i had a friend who cracked his. whyu dont you just buy a new one?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
870 Posts
How uch was the wrap and where did you get it. Also how much wrap did you use up? my header is ceramic and its starting to where off so i was think the same thing wrap it and if it crack mugen here i come!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,403 Posts
98Vtec said:



Install is pretty easy. You just gotta find a nice pattern to make sure the whole header gets wrapped. Took me about 45 min to do this.

Thoughts:
I really love this. My CF hood use to be so hot to touch. Now, even after a hard run, my hood is cool to the touch. Engine noise is also way down. I cant hear anything when i am stopped. The usual honda valve ticking has completely subsided.

On another note. If you are afraid of your header cracking or dont have the means or money to replace the one you have, do not wrap your header. There is a great possibility that the header will in fact crack. Right now, i am at the point to where i want it to crack so i can buy a nicer header. Overall i give header wrap an A.
why would it crack?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tienlude said:
why would it crack?
Its ceramic material. I believe if it was stainless steel there wouldnt be a chance of cracking. But with ceramic when it gets so hot, the heat has to go somewhere, so it will bust a crack in the ceramic and let the heat escape.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,403 Posts
damn, i guess i mma leave it alone, daddy dont bank like dat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
136 Posts
would there be any chance of cracking if you heatwrapped a stock exhaust manifold? noise reduction is a big plus for me. is the decrease in noise only from an aftermarket header?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
iceiso said:
would there be any chance of cracking if you heatwrapped a stock exhaust manifold? noise reduction is a big plus for me. is the decrease in noise only from an aftermarket header?

the stock manifold is cast iron........its not gonna crack.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
21,276 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
iceiso said:
what about the noise reduction?
well it might do some....the main thing i noticed when i switched from stock to DC is how much louder the DC was. I dunno how much quieter you can get it. Don't get me wrong, it will help a lil bit, but not enough to go spend 40 bux on.
 
1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Top