Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i replaced my header this weekend and it doesnt seem to fit too well into the cat.its leaking i think cause theres a wierd ass sound and it sounds like its not connected. seems tighter on the bottom than on the top. take a look and tell me what you think i should do.

EDIT: PICS NOW WORK

http://community.webshots.com/photo/291065883/291066292rOxJUU

http://community.webshots.com/photo/291065883/291066330hrPMUE

the header piping also seems like its smalller than my cat, could that be causeing a leak since it doesnt fit into the cat right so exhaust gas just leakes out?

l figured SHO does it best, so post on here instead of taking it up to mineke and PAYING for their opinion. thanks guys

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
the links dont work.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
What kind of header is that?

Normally there's a weird donut type gasket but that looks like it's a normal flat gasket.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
megan racing.... was there one of those donut gaskets on the stock header?

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Buy a megan racing high flow cat.

You'll see some gains and it will make it bolt up all nicely. Buy the 2.25'' or whatever your header collector is. If u have a catback make sure it's the same diameter or larger.

personally i have 2.25'' header collector, 2.25'' hi flow cat, 2.36'' catback

·
Registered
519 Posts
The header is ment for a complete exh. sys. The stock sys uses a doughnut style gasket between the front pipe and the cat, held together by a tension nut, bolt and spring set-up. The header you have utilizes a flat gasket. Some co.'s offer a joint to fit in between the two. I couldn't name one (darn memory). If you want the full "effect", go with their high flow cat too, or try to find one of thoes joints. You could always go with a different header...
Good Luck :byye

1 - 7 of 7 Posts