Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm thinking for getting headers for my civic. can anyone tell me if it makes your engine louder? and how much of a difference do they make? thanks

·
Registered
112 Posts
yeah it will make the car louder. You will expect a 8-10 hp gain. To save u the time make sure it has the carb #. Which ones were you planning on getting? Is it 4-1 or 4-2-1 headers. Either of these have their differences between the two. Also what is ur ride right now?

·
Registered
208 Posts
I wouldn't expect that much power from just headers. You will probably see an average of 1.4hp. One of the magazines did a header test, and the one that scored the highest was a 4-1 race header (~+10hp) that just dumped under the car, no cat or muffler.

Just slapping on one part like that can't yield much power, because there are other bottlenecks in your system. Sure, the air can get through header fine, but what about before and after that?

·
Registered
981 Posts
your right...a header, exhaust, and intake seperate are nothin much, but when used together, the engine can breathe alot better and you see better results

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the advice, i've got a cold air intake and a Greddy EVO exhaust as well as an over bored throttle body. so the air's getting in and out nicely. the more research i do i see that it's felt mostly above 3500 rpm, true?

·
Registered
208 Posts
also, try to get a high flow cat, or a test pipe if you're brave enough. :D

i really don't know about what rpm range you will notice difference. I have heard that upgrades such as you have mentioned will improve torque, or throttle response. I really don't know for sure. Sorry.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts