Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1gen B16 in my 91 civic si. I"ll begin by saying I had this shop install a Ls swap in 03. They took 4ever doing it because couldn t find oem headers.lol It was a mess from the beginning.So they gave me a buzz to ask did I want some dc headers no xtra charge 4 taking so long. Yes..
So they installed the dc headers along with a thermal research cat back I bought. That took a few hrs to do. So maybe 6 months went by. Motor was never right nor 5the gear kept popping out.
Now in 04 had another shop install a 1gen B16. Never any complaints. It's

now 2011. The same header shop gave me is rusted out now. No hole yet. That's y I'm asking what yr car w/ a B16 should I order another dc 4-2-1 header for. I know the B16 I have has 1 02 sensor.Sorry little long

Looking back since 02 wen got hatch. I've had a ZC,LS and now B16. Could ve had a K of wat I spent. You live and learn
Any info greatly appreciated. Have a Happy & safe Thanks Giving

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well yes. I wanted to know car to order another dc header for. 99-00 Si or del sol w/ B16.

·
Registered
3,077 Posts
if the header isn't broke , dont fix it. just sand it down a little and clean it up, then paint it with rustoleum bbq grill paint.

if your going to spend money get rid of that gutless b16 for a b20

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was just wondering in case I realy needed to change it. Painting was what I was gonna do for time being to make look better. Just like to be prepared.
Nah,
I'm not trying to buy another block/motor unless the B16 take a dump. I spent enough money for motors since had car.
I do appreciate the advice. I no the B 16s dont have alot tq. No biggie 2 me.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,086 Posts
get some wire brush attatchments for a 90 degree or you can insert them in a drill and use those to remove the rust and they get in the tough spots too and come in soft hard and in between whatever you want, i've done that before, the header will come out looking alot better than what you thought it could then like said earlier bbq paint to keep it from corroding again and.....boom

1 - 6 of 6 Posts