Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Headers: DC Sports, Greddy, Airmass, etc..

2K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  5gencivic 
#1 ·
What type [4-2-1(1pc or 2pc) or 4-1(1pc or 2pc)]and brand of headers are good for a 94 civic ex? I am debating between DC Sports and Greddy. I am leaning towards Greddy because I ordered the Evolution system by Greddy. Trying to keep all the same brand name parts together. Thanks for the replies.

#2 ·
dont bother man...trying to get all the parts to be the same brand, you'll either end up losing money, or sacrificing power. I mean...The DC jdm header is great, but i would buy their exhaust. Just like the GReddy MX cat back is good, but i wouldn't buy their 4-2-1. But if you want to, go ahead, its your money

#5 ·
DC hedder r known for not passing da sniff test....as for me...im getting the Chikara Torque Step hedders.......Carb Legal and designed like a motorcycle hedder to give yu the maximum gain througout the powerband

#6 ·
as for the 2 piece or 1 piece hedders....the one piece can hurt your performance on the bottom end (if itz not set up right) but it has a tite ass top end hit and the 2 piece is more for bottom to mid range power

#7 ·
sniff test?

#8 ·
sniff test= sticking the sensor in the muffler and doing the actual smog test for hydrocarbons etc......i kno many people who failed with their DC headers on and then they went through a whole bunch of shit trying to figure out what it was...eventually they took off the header and put the stock one back on and they passed......

#9 ·
dc headers are carb legal.......i would go with the dc over the greddy just since i think the best power comes with the dc headers

#10 ·
I like the DC. I have them on both of my rides. Thanks god we don't have emission inspections here. No cat on the rex. LOL. The make really good power and look great and hold up well. As for passing the sniff test, DC now has a header with the O2 sensor at the pipe right before the cat, so it measures all of the cylinders much like the oem exhaust does. This should help out on the sniff test. You could always just bolt the factory stuff back up just for inspections and then afterwards put the good stuff back on. My two cents worth....

#14 ·
I do have a b16...and its gonna be that SS JDM DC header...oh fo sho. I dont feel like paying that 700-900 for the spoon or mugen headers :rolleyes: The JDM DC...a nice 350 bucks...:D

#16 ·
Well, the stock b16 manifold is a 4-2-1 design and is pretty good. The only obvious downside is that it is really heavy. I put the stock ZC manifold and downpipe on my ZC and love it. It looks identical to the b16 manifold and downpipe combo I have sitting in my garge. Just because the design looks the same, THE B16 MANIFOLD WILL NOT FIT ON THE ZC OR THE A6! Sorry, I knew someone was going to ask.

Chris

#18 ·
SMSP's custom header... a hybrid 4-1/4-2-1 design that gives you the best of both worlds. it will probably be the best bolt on mod you ever get for your car. price is set at 500 for a non adjustable model... that's alot, but if you're not about fucking around with a header that may gain you power here and kill power there, but want a header that will make power everywhere get the SMSP header... period.

#19 ·
whats SMSP? what does it stand for...

#20 ·
sorry it took me so long to reply. this is a quote from TUAN in a reply he gave me on ***********.com

"for the b16a, he has a one piece, non-adjustable, hybrid 4-2-1 made of 16 gauge mild steel that can be coated by Airborn coatings for around $500 and he has an adjustable 2 piece hybrid 4-2-1 made of 16 gauge mild stee that can be coated for $925...

remember both of these have a 2.5 in. header collector and are custom hand built to spec.

email smsproducts@novacoxmail.com

email him for more details and tell him I said hi...."

email smsp and ask about their gsr or other header... they're very helpful... but you really need to talk to them.

#21 ·
i dont really get the "adjustable" part though...:confused:

#23 ·
can you write the address again...but this time but spaces in between everything.( w w w . s u p e r h o n d a . c o m) <---- like that

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.