Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,533 Posts
i dont think you can because the exhaust manifolds are actually part of the engine block. i remember talking about this before the 7g came out, dont know if honda actually went and did it though.. maybe someone else can back me up

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
The cat is integrated with the headers right at the exhaust port, and a major chunk of the exhaust manifold is on the headers as well. I doubt anyone will be making pre-fab headers for the 7gen AV6, but with custom, nothing is out of the question.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I had heard that the headers are welded to the engine block but who knows if thats a rumor or not. but I know not of any headers out there for it , you would definatly have to get it fabbed, as was stated in the previous post

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Phreak0402 said:
I had heard that the headers are welded to the engine block but who knows if thats a rumor or not. but I know not of any headers out there for it , you would definatly have to get it fabbed, as was stated in the previous post

They're not really welded, you can take the exhaust manifold off, but it's an integrated part of the block. You'd need to do some serious fabbing to get it to work, I'll see if I can find the shop diagram for it, it's pretty scary. They did it for emissions by getting the catalyst as close to the exhaust ports as possible.

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts