Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a set of headers for the del sol si (sohc vtec) and I'm wondering if headers from a 92 civic si (with sohc vtec) will fit the del sol without any fitment problems (as in it will bolt on to the engine and the cat without probs)? Also I was thinking of going with a cheap short ram intake (scared of those deep puddles so gonna stay away from CAI) what intake diameter will give you the biggest gains? And finally i was thinking of a hollowed out cat with a 2.5" exhaust (crush bent) and a AEM underdrive pulley.... What does everytbody think of this setup and what do you think I could run in the 1/4 mile lets say if I got rid of the top, jack, and spare? Any help would be appreciated thanks.

·
Registered
355 Posts
get a Cold air intake. Just keep your splash guards on. If you're really worried then get a bypass valve. A bigger size tubing on the intake isn't realy gonna benefit you at all unles you get a bigger throttle body. all that air goes from the intake into the throttle body. Just get an AEM cold air intake. Best intake you cna buy. And jsut so you know. The filter has to be submerged n 14 inches of water to actually suck up water into the motor. I think you have enough common sense to know not to drive through a 14" puddle liek most of us know not too. You'll be fine w/ a cold air. Either way get an AEM intake.

Good Luck!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
eyah i agree with Vtec dave , go with the Aem cold air. any 92-95 civic header will bolt up fine unless it has a bigger collecter to the cat almost any part from the 92-95 civic's fit except the middle of the exhaust you would have to cut about 6inches off of it to fit the del sol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts