Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where can I find cheap ceramic coated DC headers, and what is better for a 99 SI engine, 4-1 or 4-2-1? Also where I can find an intake manifold as well, and is there a proble is I take my cat converter, besides emission problems, and will I get hp gains from doing this?
Thanks for replying and keep racing.

·
Registered
278 Posts
as far as pice you'll just have to search around
besides being illegal no prob droppin out cat (not really a noticeable gain from doing it)
4-1 is best flow
try www.nopi.com they usually have decent prices

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Headers

Ok cool. But I need to know how much would it cost me. So far I found both items at civicstore.com The headers for $285 and the Skunk 2 manifold for $269 both plus S&H offcourse. Anyone know anything cheaper?

·
Registered
59 Posts
cheapest i've seen

That is so cheap. i work at a shop and that is a little bit over my cost. I would jump all over it. Honestly the mamifold would not be one of the first things i would buy as far as bolt-ons. the things that help the most are cam-gears, cold-air, and a ACT clutch

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Headers

Why are the 4-1 better than the 4-2-1. I heard the 4-1 is sluggish in the los rpm yet good and noticeable in the high rpm over 6,000. Yet the 4-2-1 is much better on the low rpm and much noticeable there. Does anyone know if this is true and why is one better than the other. Also is there a noticeable gain from a skunk2 intake manifold? and is it on low rpm or high?

·
Registered
278 Posts
well i guess it depends on what your looking for.
but hondas love runnin at high rpms
which i think is more productive to add the power on high end

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wicked92hatch wrote:

"cheapest i've seen
That is so cheap. i work at a shop and that is a little bit over my cost. I would jump all over it. Honestly the mamifold would not be one of the first things i would buy as far as bolt-ons. the things that help the most are cam-gears, cold-air, and a ACT clutch"

I already have iceman c. a.i. cam gears, pulleys, catback exhaust, dohc vtec b16a2, 17 wheels, gauges, NOS 50 hp shot, performance clutch and radiator, that's why the only thing I need are the headers and intake manifold.

·
Registered
59 Posts
headers?

it is all in your preference but i still think that you will like the 4-1 better. As far as the manifold i would buy and VETC controller and get the car tuned before the manifold. that is where you can produce hidden HP. My friends have 2 type r's and all the bolt-ons are on both and the tuned car gets him buy 2 cars everytime. It is the only bolt-on car i have ever seen dyno at over 180 at the wheels (no internals on 18c5). so i would get the VETC controller and then get it tuned next.

·
Registered
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I wouldn't know. I haven't done them at a dyno. Everyone tells me it is useless to install cam gears unless you dyno them at the same time for maximum gain. DO you know anything about this?and where should I set mine?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.