Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey i have a 98 civic lx and i was looking on ebay and they have headers for my car for pretty cheap. my catalytic converter is directly under my stock headers that are on the car now. the ebay headers do not have a cat with them, it has a spot for the o2 sensors but no cat. i was thinkin about it and without the cat in place wouldn't my check engine light come on since both the o2 sensors are getting the same readings? and what would happen to my gas mileage? can anyone help me out???

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Look at this header.
eBay Motors: HONDA CIVIC 96-98 STAINLESS STEEL HEADER 4-2-1 EK DX LX (item 180342315145 end time Apr-30-09 11:37:45 PDT)
It has 2 O2 sensor bungs. You might throw a CEL, but it most likely only related to emissions. You should recieve a slight bump in fuel economy, mostly cuz you engine is a bit better responsive then mine, which actually lost a bit of gas mileage. Did you search this site for header? Someone called pacman or pakman did a big review over different headers and such, definitely worth checking out.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
rare. I ran a cheap ebay header for 4 years on my civic. Never had an issue

· Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i live in utah and require emissions. if i put the stock headers on just to get my emissions done will it usually pass right away or do i have deal with driving it around forever to get the codes out of the system? and also where you said it would have a slight bump on the gas mileage. do you have any numbers if im getting about 30mpg now?

· Registered
10,346 Posts
put the stock setup back on, pull the NEG cable off for a minute, put it back on, no codes!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.