Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok orginally i wanted to get dc sports jdm 4-2-1 i peice for my car ! is that the best ? because i know they have a 2 peice aswell, does this header give much more gains than 4-1 wen it comes to moving off ? cause i a friend of mine has a 4-1 selling for cheap now should i get it or 4-2-1 because i want to move off fast dont care about top end !

· Registered
1,173 Posts
not to hate on you all, but we only have one HEADER, not two, so its doesnt necessitate the plural form of header. so leave off the 's'. 4-1 is for high end power while the 4-2-1 is mid range. i believe power is actaully lost on the 4-1 at lower rpm

· Premium Member
9,316 Posts
I just bought a 4-2-1 if that means anything...

Its all pref. I personally WILL NOT give up any low end power for a 1 hp gain up top.

Sure the 4-1 MAY and I say MAY give you a very slight advantage at the track (I'm not even so sure about that) but I'm in my car driving it under normal driving condictions a hell of alot more then I'm at the track. I'm more concerned with getting a gain that I can use every day opposed to just above 7000RPM.

I'm not even so sure that the 4-1 will give you better ET's, it will just give you a tad bit more top end, while taking some low end.

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
well its a dc 4-1 1 peice i can get for cheap and on the dc site it says gains from 4000rpm up without sacrificing low end . wat u think should i get it ? my cars a daily driver, will i notice a difference ? i already have i/e and stock jdm sohc vtec headers ? check it out ! wat should i do im getting it cheap but i really wanted a 4-2-1, but u launch at like 3-4 rpm anyway and i rev my car hard, help

http://www.dcsports.com/4_1_1.html

· Registered
3,783 Posts
Hey I've had both headers on my lightly modded civic and I can honestly say 4-2-1 is better ESPECIALLY if its a daily driver. If you put in the 4-1, it will give you the advantage at drag races, but do you honestly launch at 3000 to 4000 rpms everytime your on the road?! Obviously not! 4-2-1 headers is the way to go if its a daily driver and especially if you don't want to lose low end to mid range power. Don't get me wrong, I think those 2 types of headers are great but it all comes down to what you want to have, a daily driver or a full out drag racing machine.

· Registered
3,783 Posts
mclean987 said:
hey i live in pemborke pines aswelll, so i drag race on the road at high revs , should i get the 4-1 header ? yes or no ? its like $150 for a dc sports 2nd hand and i could always sell it back for more and then get what i originally wanted the 4-2-1 so the 4-2-1 makes power at low rpm and not at high ? cause they said the 4-1 makes only above 4000rpm and doesnt sacrifice low end
4-2-1 header gives power at low rpm to mid rpm but not high rpm. 4-1 header gives power at high rpm only. 4-1 WILL sacrifice a bit of low end, they claim it won't, but I've had both and it does. With the 4-2-1 I get a better acceleration. Its not much but I will not sacrifice low end power for a little bit of high end. My car is a daily driver so I really need that extra boost when I accelerate.

· Registered
440 Posts
are u going to belive "4000rpm up without sacrificing low end" there site also says a 10-15hp gain....blah and personally i look at it like this with the b16a....it may be ur daily driver and already lacks in the low end department, but this engine was made to rev so thats where i feel the power should be and this car has no midrange to begin so u mite as well try not to build one and just put it on top where this engine comes alive

BUT TO EACH HIS OWN, all opinion i say

Edit(oops i thought this thread was pertaining to b16s, my bad)

· Registered
1,379 Posts
Contrary to belief you do not lose low end power off the line with a 4-1 setup. True it does not give as much power as a 4-2-1 off the line. But where is most of your racing gonna be? Down at around 2-3k? Our civics have no low end period. If you want low end get a v8 or a supercharger can help. Our cars are in a constant game of catch up. We dont do too great off the line, we shine in our top end. Look where all the civics make peak torque and hp. Hp at around 6800 rpm and torque at around 5.5k-6k. The b series make the power even higher. Even 300-500 hp civics have little off the line power.. Turbo's have to spool. Go with the 4-1. You will not be disapointed.

· Registered
850 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
thanx push vtec thats wat i was thinking aswell, how is your 4-1 ? notice big gains from stock ?

can someone tell me if a b16 series header can fit a d series sohc vtec ? because i read something on here that it can fit the dohc zc engine with a little modification and the zc is a d series and similar to sohc vtec .. so woulnt it fit the sohc vtec ?

· Registered
1,379 Posts
get something designed for your car. I believe it will bolt on but the openings will be in the wrong place and too big. half of the opening would be on the exhaust ports and half of it would just be in the block itself. as for my gains. I did notice a little more pull in the top end but i noticed my fuel economy went to 45 mpg on the highway which was more noticeable. Don't expect miracle gains though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.