Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Which bulb for the best seeing?

• PIAA H4 Super Plasma 55/60W

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PIAA H4 Super White Platinum 55/60W

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • PIAA H4 Extreme White 60/55W

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • APC H4 Gold/Yellow 60/55W (Legal under amber?)

Votes: 1 14.3%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, I had a night, rural drive tonight and I realized that the GE Blue bulbs I have simply don't put out an adequate amount of light.

In the wattage range that won't melt anything (say 65W or less), and in the standard H4/HB2/9003 form factors, what is available that will throw some serious light?

Any experience with the PIAA's?

They're expensive, but do they last?

Other brands?

Does GE make a high output 9003 without adding wattage (i.e. heat)?

I am getting the distinct feeling that the APC bulbs are nothing to write home about, too.

I rather keep the color nondescript, and preferably DOT approved.

Thanks in advance....

I'll build a poll as I get suggestions.

· Registered
244 Posts
All about the Eurolight H4 80/100w or the 55/60w I've had it for like a yr and a half and no burn out. The piaa's are more likely to burn out quicker, at least that is what happened to my friends, dead in 6 months, my 15 dolloar bulbs are still runing strong.

· Registered
83 Posts
Nokya Hyper white in my car.

I have Nokya Hyper white in my car... pleased withe them..

· Registered
21 Posts
I've had experience with PIAA Superwhite, PIAA Super Plasma, Hella, Eurolite, Sylvannia Cool Blue and Hyper Industries...

PIAA Superwhite probably put out the most light on the road. The Super Plasma looks the most "HID"ish, if that is your main concern. As far as the life of the bulbs, I've had no problems with the Superwhite, however, the Super Plasma was replaced twice under warrenty. The Eurolite is without a doubt the best bang for the buck. Same with Sylvannia, which offered exceptional lighing pattern over stock bulbs. Stay away from Hyper Industries. No light whatsoever.

· Registered
561 Posts
I will never buy aftermarket bulbs again but right now I do have Nokya Arctic White bulbs in my headlights, very bright white, makes my turn signals and side markers look orange.....no problems with these bulbs, high quality.

· Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blueness is of little concern to me. I don't cruise. I'm aiming to have a car that is a blast to drive but looks, feels, sounds completely stock. The light doesn't have to be particularly white - tungsten yellow (5300 K) is fine. The only thing that seems to truly be enhanced by the blue end of the spectrum are the roadsigns, which are blindingly bright with the whites in.

When I went out shopping near work on Friday, I found the Sylvanias at the local AutoZone - they had the hyper blue's in stock, but then they were out of the Sylvania XtraVisions, so I held off on the purchase. I am seeing now that the maxium street legal illumination is 1500 lumens on the brights, which the cool blue achieves.

I'll do some more research and let you know what I find.

The Eurolites definitely have a sweet price point. The color temp is 3800K, which is just plain white AFAIK. I'd appreciate any additional description.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.