Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
604 Posts
Remove wire. Remove rubber boot. On the driver side, pull the power steeering reservoir out of your way.

Inside each headlight assembly is a metal clip. To release it, you push it in then up or down (I forget exactly which way). Then it swivels out loosening the bulb. Remove the old bulb and note which was the three terminals are situated.

When you insert a new bulb, I suggest cleaning the glass surface with alcohol. The little prep pads you find in first aid cabinets at your workplace do well. Make sure the glass surface is squeaky clean and don't touch it after cleaning it.

Carefully insert the bulb into it's hole, then lock the metal clip in place. This clip can be a pain in the ass and you may frustrated with it... so take a break and get back to it in a few min's.

Pop the boots back on with the vents pointing down, then reattach the wiring. Put the P/S reservoir back and check to make sure both lamps work.

·
Registered
284 Posts
PupaScoopa said:
Carefully insert the bulb into it's hole, then lock the metal clip in place. This clip can be a pain in the ass and you may frustrated with it... so take a break and get back to it in a few min's.

Pain in the ass :hot:

I do mine in the night....with just a little flash light and I did not know how to change them....
I broke the little plastic piece that hold this [email protected] f%ck!ng metal clip....

Do it in the day and TAKE YOU TIME:tu2:

·
Registered
71 Posts
i broke that shit too. the second time i changed the light i took the whole head light off, it saved about 30 min.

·
Registered
614 Posts
LOL DAMN!! damn! i hate to be u guys.. i have a 95 and i know what a pain in the ass it is to change the drivers side./.. well not anymore ever since i ripped my fucking power steering otu of my car HAHAH!! so much for the bulb chaning blues.

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
ha i went w/ only 1 highbeam for 2 months, it wasnt untill i pulled the whole headlight unit out when i was clearing the amber that i actually changed teh buld. . . .

·
Registered
471 Posts
yeah headlights sux. I still can't get mine off, while i haven't try in a while dont care any more.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts