Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys...I was stopping by the gas station to refill and there was this dick head cop there. He came up to me and ask if I measured my headlight height before. I told him no and he said it needs to be 24in. I was like, well go ahead measure it then. I think he just got his morning coffee and donut high since he was such a dick head. Anyway he said he'll give me a warning but if he sees me again, he going to measure it.

So now my question is, how do you measure your headlight height? Is it measure from the ground to the headlight casing or from the ground to the actual light bulb?

I never knew there was a law about this so now I want to make sure I dont get a ticket in the future.

Thanks and again cops are dicks-at least most of them...

·
Registered
864 Posts
Measuring headlight height? :lol2 You should have asked him if he's checked his blinker fluid lately.

I'm sure all he means is adjusting your headlights so they're not shining up, if they are. At least I hope that's what he means...

·
Registered
3,921 Posts
Nope... there are minimum headlight height requirements. Just not enforced.

My Prelude is 22-23 inches stock so they can kiss my ass though. I'm not putting a lift on my car.

~Peace

·
Registered
22,822 Posts
Im pretty sure its from the ground to the center of the headlight

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
I think the minimum headlight distance in CA is 18" or something...I forget the exact dimension. but I do know there is a requirement.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
98Vtec said:
Also you might want to watch out with your headlight hieght incase an anal cop asks you about yours. I know your in Florida too. My car looks as low as yours.

I measured the height and its about 24ins. I measure from the ground to the lightbulb(low beam).

·
Registered
910 Posts
98Vtec said:
he's doing his job.....dont hate the cop cuz he's doin his job.......get over yourself.
yea he was doing his job, butm ost cops arent dicks like that... i think cops like that are rediculous, i have great respect for them, but any cop that up tight and acts like an asshole isnt a very good cop

·
Registered
665 Posts
its from the ground to the cetner or the ligh bulb if u got projectors or to the lighbulb if u got regular bulbs.

·
Registered
665 Posts
but i thought it was 13 inches, just wat i saw on this show on mtv one night about a year ago. idk maby im wrong.

·
Registered
12,727 Posts
ganjgremlin said:
but i thought it was 13 inches, just wat i saw on this show on mtv one night about a year ago. idk maby im wrong.
I think it might be like 20-21 inches or something. cause the guy got a ticket for being 18" off the ground.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I know this much to well! A minimum of 23" from floor to middle headlight in California. Your headlight has a line in the middle of it with a small circle. You measure straight from that little circle to the floor. If your car is lower than 23" you walk away with a nice TICKET! I got stoped to many times for this!

I know Florida has this law too, but all states have different height restrictions. According to all the cops that stoped me, it is a hazard to me and other vehicles to be lower than 23".

Oh well, Cops are doing their job and were keeping them busy!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts