Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok most of you know me. Just got a strange issue. Well, during that tropical storm my area had i noticed my right headlight not coming on when i turn the lights on. I do the usual first, check the filament. its good. and since the lowbeams (both) run off the one fuse i know it wasn't that. So i put it back in and try it out again. it turns on. so i think oh bad connection. i push it on harder and call it a day.

later that night, about 5hrs, i go back to leave and its out again. now i'm pissed. i just tap the back of it and it turns on, great i think, the bulb is going bad. so i'm just wondering two things. anyone have the same thing happen? and if you were to clean the connectors on the wiring harness, what would you do it with.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
gurusan said:
are you sure the lowbeams run on the same fuse?

I swear on my OBD-1 civvy there are 4 total fuses for the headlights.
in 96-00 i believe it is one for high and one for low.

i recommend just swapping the bulbs out and if it happens again then replace the socket. personally i havent had problems with civic sockets like i do with chevy trucks and vans

Reactions: 98civcEK

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NationsMostWanted said:
in 96-00 i believe it is one for high and one for low.

i recommend just swapping the bulbs out and if it happens again then replace the socket. personally i havent had problems with civic sockets like i do with chevy trucks and vans
Yes it is one for low one for high, two total. Though i did exactly what you said, kinda. I had my stock bulbs and put it in the one that was messing up, worked first try after pushing it in stiffly. retried the other and it didn't come on. so its just the bulb. Got new Sylvania Silverstars......i miss the more blue color but they have a much better light distribution.

Thanks all.

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
98civcEK said:
Yes it is one for low one for high, two total. Though i did exactly what you said, kinda. I had my stock bulbs and put it in the one that was messing up, worked first try after pushing it in stiffly. retried the other and it didn't come on. so its just the bulb. Got new Sylvania Silverstars......i miss the more blue color but they have a much better light distribution.

Thanks all.
time to replace the socket then

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
NationsMostWanted said:
time to replace the socket then
Um....i meant that the stock bulb worked after putting it on. then the other one (the one that didn't turn on) wouldn't work after i put it back on. so i just replaced the bulb and it all worked......sorry if that was confusing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.