Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so in order for me to get into my driveway i have to come in at a slight angle since its at an incline. last night i guess i took a little too much of an angle and barely bumped the edge of my garage with the pass side of my car. when i got out to inspect the damage (man i feel dumb), my worse fear had occured, i chipped a small piece of the very edge of my JDM HEADLIGHT off. it also whacked the headlight outa line a tad so im going to have to readjust it and what not, but my main concern is the chip. its maybe about 2" tall and 1" wide. what would be the best way to glue it back on and hide the seam of the crack. i know it will never look 100% again, but any expert opinions would be greatly appreciated. i was thinking epoxy and a good wet sand but i have no clue. THANKS! (man i feel dumb) :bash

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
904lude said:
so in order for me to get into my driveway i have to come in at a slight angle since its at an incline. last night i guess i took a little too much of an angle and barely bumped the edge of my garage with the pass side of my car. when i got out to inspect the damage (man i feel dumb), my worse fear had occured, i chipped a small piece of the very edge of my JDM HEADLIGHT off. it also whacked the headlight outa line a tad so im going to have to readjust it and what not, but my main concern is the chip. its maybe about 2" tall and 1" wide. what would be the best way to glue it back on and hide the seam of the crack. i know it will never look 100% again, but any expert opinions would be greatly appreciated. i was thinking epoxy and a good wet sand but i have no clue. THANKS! (man i feel dumb) :bash
I got both of mine for sale ... I'm moving to Florida so I'm letting them go for $100.00

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
yeah, i think that epoxy would work just fine. you have the right idea to lightly wet sand it afterwards, then maybe some clear nail polish, or a clear coat over it just to "blend" it a bit. i dont think that it will be that big of a deal.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks guys. im def going to try the epoxy and wet sanding first. i work at acura and i know we have a guy in the back who pulls dents and does other small repairs, ive heard he also restores yellowed headlights, so maybe i can have him wet sand the headlight for me. if it looks to bad ill take you up on your 100$ offer, maybe you can drop it off on your way down here :D !

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
you have to find a chrystal epoxy. it dries literally like glass (in color). you cant see it at all. lay it on kinda thick but not too thick that it dribbles all inside the light. then LIGHTLY with like 2000 grit sandpaper wetsand it and then buff it.

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
johnlude85 said:
you have to find a chrystal epoxy. it dries literally like glass (in color). you cant see it at all. lay it on kinda thick but not too thick that it dribbles all inside the light. then LIGHTLY with like 2000 grit sandpaper wetsand it and then buff it.
that is a good point. the other "standard" epoxy dries to be that yellow color, which i am sure would not look too good for headlights. where do you get that stuff?? i have never seen it in home depot or other hardware stores. just curious for future reference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.