Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed after-market projection halo headlights on my Honda Civic LX.
All of the lights work except for the halo. There are two additional red wires that are coming from the light itself. Where do these hook-up?

· Registered
41,903 Posts
what do the instructions with the lights say?

surely they will have some form of documentation since they're not plug and play

· Registered
10,346 Posts
What do you want them as? additional turnsignals? lit up all the time, but only with the car on? on with the headlights?

If you want them on with the car, you need a relay hooked to your ignition. If you set them up with your signals, be aware that they wont blink as fast , rather they will be somewhat slow. You can combat that by using LED lights inplace of the bulbes, because the less power needed for the signals, the faster they blink (they run off a relay and capacitor setup)

· Premium Member
6,822 Posts
What do you want them as? additional turnsignals? lit up all the time, but only with the car on? on with the headlights?

If you want them on with the car, you need a relay hooked to your ignition. If you set them up with your signals, be aware that they wont blink as fast , rather they will be somewhat slow. You can combat that by using LED lights inplace of the bulbes, because the less power needed for the signals, the faster they blink (they run off a relay and capacitor setup)
overcomplicated much??? lit up all the time?? run the wires to a 12v + thats on when the key is on, turn signals? splice them into your turn signal wires, yes if you tie into a honda turn signal circuit it CAN but might NOT change blinker speed, my guess is that you want the HALO's on with the driving lights ( corners, etc) as well as the headlights, i would tie the halo's into the corner lights

· Registered
10,346 Posts
I changed the corner lights on my civic to LEDs, made it blink faster :dunno: I must be wrong. Same thing when my front left corner bulb blew on mydel sol, the turn signal blinked faster. However, The halos are low power Im sure. While it wont change it a lot, it will effect the blinking speed.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.