Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
heads off chipped cylinder wall

Well I have a blown head gasket on my 92 civic; it’s a d15b7 with 230,000kilometers on it. Now I’m debating if I should just replace the head gasket and put the original head back on or buy a d16z6 head and do a minime? The only thing that I’m worried about is this chip shown in the pic below
(its the first pic on top)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2297374/2

also check out my timing belt should i replace it?
what do u guys think?
thx

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the tool i used is like a drill bit with a cylinder at the end with a bunch of little sandpaperers atached to it.
ok what do u think would happen if i just left it? how long would it last?

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
spray004 said:
You'll need to get that resleeved.
WTF? The chip is in the block not the sleeve, don't waste your time resleeving it. The correct way to fix it would be to weld it then have the block decked. Unless you want a D16a6 bored .20 over with forged srp pistons
I happen to know hwere there is one for sale.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
atually i think it blew just by the distriburator but i cant really tell for certain... though if i leave it i guess theres no point in swaping the head right?, i should just put the d15b7 head on incase the chip does mess up ( i dont have the money to resleeve or get a new block)
though if i get it welded do u think it'll be safe to put the z6 head on ?

·
Registered
20,101 Posts
It should seal on the sleeve itself, i'm just saying a real anal person would have it fixed, I wouldn't. The sleeve is steal and the block is aluminum so that sleeve won't be affected by the little chip in the block.

·
Registered
4,479 Posts
ATISTANG said:
WTF? The chip is in the block not the sleeve, don't waste your time resleeving it. The correct way to fix it would be to weld it then have the block decked. Unless you want a D16a6 bored .20 over with forged srp pistons
I happen to know hwere there is one for sale.

Youre right, its the block, I didnt look close enough I suppose.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts