Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alrighty, I am really not using my heater/air conditioning, this might be a stupid question, but I noticed that there is a coolant line going towards the inside of the car? Is this correct? I see the line come off the engine block and to the firewall... I am assuming this goes to the heater core, but my question is is there a way to disconnect that if I have to? I mean I am pulling the entire A/C unit and I don't know if there is going to be a fluid line running through the interior of my car when it is removed for the heater. I disconnected all the cables and removed 99% of the ac except for an air duct under the dash (that's another post in non-tech) but if this line runs in the car is there a way to remove it from the interior of the car or plug it off without killing the circulation, or is it only activated when the a/c is activated??

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you took the blower motor out then you arent gonna be using heat i assume. In that case i dont see why there are any problems just plugging it off. I could be wrong but i dont think it will cause any issues.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i just didn't know if the hose went 'in-line' to something else, or if it was a unidirectional hose where it goes in and out of the same hose. i DO see kind of a T in the connection. I unplugged the cable that opened and clsoed the valve. From the block to the valve, from the valve into the car area. So I wasn't sure if it comes back through the system somewhere else.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts