Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering, cus people have been saying it. A Sol is heavy compared to most other two seaters. Anyone actually have any idea why a Sol wieghs so much? What exactly did honda do to it, cus form the factory my 95 sol s was weighed out at 2900. Seems rather heavy for a smaller car.

(we should all gather together and make sol's have aluminum trailing arms,spindles,control arms, etc.) That coul help with unsprung wieght :aww

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
the del sols have so much frame support for the targa top, that is the main thing that weighs it down

·
Registered
268 Posts
or we could all get together and cut off the rear support thingie

that would save a couple hundred pounds

and then we all go on diets
so keep it down to McDonalds only 3 times a day...

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
2300 seems a lil to light. I do not think that the consumer places are ever right. I suggest just looking at teh factory sticker for the true wieght of the line. Is anyone elses close to 2900?

And for reducing soem of the wiehgt of the car. Myself i took out the targe top holder from the trunk, oh take off the sun visor. Those were heavier then i thought, ac, powersteering, (mine didnt come with it ya). From what i hear though its all frame stuff so not much we can do :cry

·
Registered
485 Posts
DOOR JAM

i looked at my door jam and mine says 3200 mine its a 95 1.5 s model and its auto without ac...thats kinda heavy when my friends 05 stang weighs 3300

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
GVWR is your vehicles weight when fully loaded:
x passengers(fatasses)
full tank of gas
full trunk
full compartments

curb weight is just your vehicle

curb=2300, and gvwr=2950 for sols. does that help?

and it isnt really that heavy for a 2 seater. its just heavier than it needs to be with that top.

·
Registered
1,956 Posts
ksniperfox said:
GVWR is your vehicles weight when fully loaded:
x passengers(fatasses)
full tank of gas
full trunk
full compartments

curb weight is just your vehicle

curb=2300, and gvwr=2950 for sols. does that help?

and it isnt really that heavy for a 2 seater. its just heavier than it needs to be with that top.
you would think those consumer companies would be smart enough to put that in their reports

·
Registered
959 Posts
Depending on how serious you are u can strip your interior: door panels, storage boxes, spare tire equipment, carbon trunk, roof, rear garnish and quarter panels, light rims, remove carpet, and there's some sort of sound deadening material in floor board that people use dry ice to remove but I've never seen the stuff myself, remove heat shields and any muffler from ebay is cheap.

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
yeah at that point tho i wouldve bought a crx or hatch if i was that concerned with weight lol

1 - 14 of 14 Posts