Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need something to strip the head, the old gasket isnt coming off nicely

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
how well does it work and how much? and what place carries it, anything else that works good too?

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
90lxcivicnocat said:
how well does it work and how much? and what place carries it, anything else that works good too?
well thats the best of the best, the army uses it in tank engines. available from the internet google it up.

seefoam works GREAT too its 6 bucks for a can from autozone.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
speedjunky01 said:
well thats the best of the best, the army uses it in tank engines. available from the internet google it up.

seefoam works GREAT too its 6 bucks for a can from autozone.
thanks ill go with seafoam tomorrow, what should i use to scrape it with that wont damage the metal???

·
Registered
3,789 Posts
90lxcivicnocat said:
thanks ill go with seafoam tomorrow, what should i use to scrape it with that wont damage the metal???
let it soakfor about 20 minutes then use a sponge, it wont work as well as kleen, but a few aplication will do it.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got this stuff from wal mart called aircraft remover, works great on paint but doesnt seem to do much for this

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i geuss this is a dead topic seeing as the head is clean and back on the block now....what a 5 hour pain in the ass that was

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i doubt they would let me have it then, if it was banned, but i might need it, looks like i screwed up or i got a cracked block or head, im gonna have to get a block tester thi weekend...im starting to hate this car

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats cool, i wanna see about getting some wether i need it right now or not, theres always a good use for it on something when it comes to cars,well im gonna go back to playing with my new tattoo kit :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
90lxcivicnocat said:
thats cool, i wanna see about getting some wether i need it right now or not, theres always a good use for it on something when it comes to cars,well im gonna go back to playing with my new tattoo kit :D

wtf? that was so random, btw, this is my 100'th post...wonder if illeffectcivic will appologize now?

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
baktag17 said:
wtf? that was so random, btw, this is my 100'th post...wonder if illeffectcivic will appologize now?
im kinda random, randomly having problems too now i have a code 8 tdc position, i hope i dont got to pull the head again, or mess with the timing belt!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.