Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive heard they are hard as shit to fly but i was on a job site the other day and saw a guy flying one out in a field next to us he was stalling it, doing backflips, sideways backflips, ets shit looked fun, just how hard is this?? im kinda interested

·
Registered
107 Posts
read the instructions carefully Master yoda suggests.

your heart & mind into it nothing is hard, if you put
be with you may the force!

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
Type up Alan Szabo or Curtis Youngblood on youtube.com

I own a Thunder Tiger Raptor 50 Titan with OS 50 Hyper that thing is fun to fly, yes indeed its hard, but once u learn how to work the computerized transmitter, you can change the throttle/pitch curves, setup idle and idle up switches, and change the duals, expo. and it will be much more easier to hover, hovering is easy, but forward flights are difflicut, i crashed mine twice, and the recent one, last friday, costed 300 in repairs due to the carbon fiber blades caused more damages to the frame, the entire rotor head unit. So next week im picking up another heli, since its only 399.00.

·
Registered
96 Posts
hmm I know this is old... but, I just got into this. Aside from drifting rc. Best bet is to learn the basic from flight sims and try it out in the real world... either way can't beat real life wind and what not

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Flying a plane is a lot harder IMO. As long as you know waht you're looking at in a Heli cockpit. Planes you have to worry about wind direction, speed, etc... it was hard as hell to get my private pilot's license, and it was hard as hell to fly, but a heli is no big deal. You can literally learn how to fly one in a day.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i seriously doubt it ive never flown a real plane, but i have many hours experience in sims in planes and helo's and i fucking hate flying helo's but planes seem easier to me, just my IMHO anyways back to RC's

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
i seriously doubt it ive never flown a real plane, but i have many hours experience in sims in planes and helo's and i fucking hate flying helo's but planes seem easier to me, just my IMHO anyways back to RC's
I guess it might be different for everyone. It's way harder to fly a real plane, unless you're some kinda expert. I have my license and a borrowed Cessna and sometimes i still forget stuff (not stuff that will kill everyone of course). Helicopter is nice, because there's only about 3 operations and 3 gauges you need to pay attention to (depending on the heli) But to each his own, what's easy for me might not be easy for someone else, and vice-a-versa

·
Super Bacon Mod
23,754 Posts
flying rc copters is a bitch..takes a really soft touch and a lot of practice...a lot of people put larger skids on their copters to give them a larger safety net

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
flying rc copters is a bitch..takes a really soft touch and a lot of practice...a lot of people put larger skids on their copters to give them a larger safety net
I always freak out if my friends take me to fly those, because I'm always afraid the second I do something wrong, I break their $300 toy. I have an RC plane as well... somewhere. It has a thundertiger motor, and I remember spending $200 on that. Powder coated blue. Sweet deal. I think I flew it maybe 3 times.

·
Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I guess it might be different for everyone. It's way harder to fly a real plane, unless you're some kinda expert. I have my license and a borrowed Cessna and sometimes i still forget stuff (not stuff that will kill everyone of course). Helicopter is nice, because there's only about 3 operations and 3 gauges you need to pay attention to (depending on the heli) But to each his own, what's easy for me might not be easy for someone else, and vice-a-versa
like i said ive flown a few sims, and i find planes easier, in all actuallity ive never flown a real life helo or plane so i really couldnt judge it, but in the RC world i find helo's harder cause any over correction equals broken toy, where planes as long as you dont get too low you can probably save it

·
Registered
96 Posts
I fly rc planes... and they are much easier. Doing tricks.. loops and what not. I been practicing with Heli and it takes a while.. Like posted above it takes the softest touch to move them. I just got my axe v3 and still barely hovering... the slightest angle takes the heli to the side and what not. I guess that's what makes them hard. As for plane it's real easy to drive and what not.

Plus once you crash once in Heli.. lots of parts breaks

1 - 12 of 12 Posts