Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello everybody

i just got my prelude today, happy to join you guys.

i got a question:
is there anyone who change the prelude oem steering wheel to a smaller oem one?
the steering wheel is too big i want a smaller one like s2000 and sir, the reason i am asking is because i still want the cruise control button on the wheel.

can anyone tell me?

thank you very much

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
windsorprelude said:
hello everybody

i just got my prelude today, happy to join you guys.

i got a question:
is there anyone who change the prelude oem steering wheel to a smaller oem one?
the steering wheel is too big i want a smaller one like s2000 and sir, the reason i am asking is because i still want the cruise control button on the wheel.

can anyone tell me?

thank you very much
1st of all welcome to SHO....

now about the steering wheel ,since your new to the forums, i'm not gonna flame or anynthing and i hope nobody else will but this has been covered many MANY times. You can use an S2000 or ITR wheel but i can't remember if it needs any modifications to fit... I'm sure if you use the search fuction you will find many usefull info on this...

·
Registered
351 Posts
Welcome! :number1 Ive been thinking about this same mod for a while now. Im tired of feeling like I'm driving a pirate ship.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Which gen prelude does he have though, 4th or 5th? Because I have a 4th gen, and I've asked this same question, and searched, and never gotten an answer. I know the S2K wheel will work if i use the S2K steering column as well, but that's a lot of work. So 5th gen, you can use the S2K wheel, 4th gen, as far as i know, without a bunch of work, we're out of luck.

·
Registered
34 Posts
noopie said:
u can't change it if you have a type SH / type S

are u from the uk?
what do you mean you can't change it if you have sh. i emailed the guy from ntpog and he said you could. i'm getting around on doing it on my sh but when it gets warmer and have the time then i'll do it :clap

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
bigballer8526 said:
what do you mean you can't change it if you have sh. i emailed the guy from ntpog and he said you could. i'm getting around on doing it on my sh but when it gets warmer and have the time then i'll do it :clap
there was some discussion about this awhile back, supposedly there is a steering wheel sensor related to atts in the wheel.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
bigballer8526 said:
quote from the guy at ntpog
"on a type sh model there is a tab on which you need to trim down.
from everyone that i know that has done this, there has yet to be a problem with atts."
well maybe he is wrong then, because there is a sensor in it eh. maybe the sensor can be transplanted, but i don't see how u can remove a sensor from the system and not affect atts..

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
bigballer8526 said:
so basically we have to hunt down a guy who has done this to a sh but not with a vgs steering wheel and how is the guy wrong if he has wrote the write up
I just grabbed this from the article on ntopg:

"Keep in mind that some hubs available here will either not allow for automatic turn signal canceling or for the ATTS or 4WS subsections to work (if you have them). Check with your supplier first! If they don't know, chances are it will NOT work." http://www.ntpog.org/mods/fifth-hub/fifth-hub.shtml

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
bigballer8526 said:
so what do you have in mind? contacting honda and saying "oh i have a 5th gen. prelude sh and i would like to know if a s2000 steering wheel would cancel out atts?"
you ask this as if this were my problem :rolleyes

i cannot find the line you quote that says "on a type sh model there is a tab on which you need to trim down. from everyone that i know that has done this, there has yet to be a problem with atts." maybe you are reading this on their forum?

looking at the write up though, it seems he has actually installed a wheel on a friend's type SH. anyways why don't u give it a try and let us know what happens.

·
Registered
34 Posts
so what i came across was you can use a vgs steering wheel or you can use a usdm steering wheel both will work. the vgs steering wheel doesn't really require any alteration except for the cruise etc. but the usdm requires you to "notch the hub" the vgs already has the notch in it anyways i'll keep you posted on what i find

1 - 20 of 20 Posts