Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I am new to this forum and I do not have a Honda.. well, I don't have a car to call my own at all but I am aiming to purchase my first vehicle this fall and it's going to a Honda or an Acura either way. I have always had a soft spot for the automotive world and I pretty much grew up at a local speedway. My family has been "domestics, domestics, domestics!!!" and said if I ever brought a Honda Civic home they would get it towed.. nice huh? :p Anyways, things have changed since my sister has a new man in her life whom is a mechanic and raced a Honda Civic Hatchback (not sure what year or exact model) on the strip, Cayuga Speedway to be exact for those of you who know of the place. He had the best in class Civic for 2 years straight and was on many magazine covers. His input to my folks has changed, well, my mom has changed her outlook on Honda's generally. So my chance to bring home that Honda looks better everyday.

I joined this forum to talk with other Honda owners for tips/tricks/information about specific models, years.. etc. Which ones to steer clear of or which ones are the better suited for a first time buyer, etc. I have been told that an Acura Integra Type R or GS-R is what I should get or a Honda Civic SIR. I've heard nothing but good things about the Integra, especially with the handling and the reliability, running costs, handling.. etc of the Honda Civic.

Looking forward to learning and meeting new people.

·
Registered
23,038 Posts
holy vultures! :lol

Make sure to look around the different areas of sho as well :tu

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi everyone, I'm a newbie too!
Holy cow, my family said the same thing!!! I came home with my integra, and I thought my dad was going to shit himself! My boyfriend has tried to sway my parents, but since he owns a neon. they pay him no mind. (they are avid FORD lovers... :rolleyes
My integra ls is wonderful, but I guess it depends on what you want to do with it. I tried to autocross mine, and it doesn't handle that well, and I don't want to put a new suspension on it... so I drive my boyfriend's mom's car (a BMW M3 2.3L) which is so much fun!!

Mandu said:
Hello,

I am new to this forum and I do not have a Honda.. well, I don't have a car to call my own at all but I am aiming to purchase my first vehicle this fall and it's going to a Honda or an Acura either way. I have always had a soft spot for the automotive world and I pretty much grew up at a local speedway. My family has been "domestics, domestics, domestics!!!" and said if I ever brought a Honda Civic home they would get it towed.. nice huh? :p Anyways, things have changed since my sister has a new man in her life whom is a mechanic and raced a Honda Civic Hatchback (not sure what year or exact model) on the strip, Cayuga Speedway to be exact for those of you who know of the place. He had the best in class Civic for 2 years straight and was on many magazine covers. His input to my folks has changed, well, my mom has changed her outlook on Honda's generally. So my chance to bring home that Honda looks better everyday.

I joined this forum to talk with other Honda owners for tips/tricks/information about specific models, years.. etc. Which ones to steer clear of or which ones are the better suited for a first time buyer, etc. I have been told that an Acura Integra Type R or GS-R is what I should get or a Honda Civic SIR. I've heard nothing but good things about the Integra, especially with the handling and the reliability, running costs, handling.. etc of the Honda Civic.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have heard so many good things about a Acura/Honda Integra. I don't think I have heard a single bad thing about them. They handle really well apparently, fuel efficient and in general a fun car to drive. Do you think your parents will stop harassing you about having an Integra ever? :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
While I would like to think they will eventually give up, I very seriously doubt it... Which is sad. I do love my Integra, but it doesn't give me enough power, so I'm looking into getting another vehicle. I will cry like a baby when I sell her. I just want something that I can take rallycrossing, not just autocrossing. She handled alright, at the autocross, but I like AWD better than FWD. And I really don't think she will do so hot rallyracing as her suspension is not set up for that, at all :( There's a local club around here that does rallyracing, and the first time I did it, I fell in love. So now I'm trying to figure out what I want to get. Ahhh decisions decisions...

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
Mandu said:
Hello,

depends how much your willing to spend. your maintenance, your preference and expectations of a "stock" car. if your going to mod it, you can mod anything. both cars have a wide market available to them, so :D

1 - 17 of 17 Posts