Welcome to the forum!!!!InTheZone said:Ok, this is my 2nd car, but my first car that I paid for myself. It is a 2000 Civic EX 2D, Forrest Green, 5-speed, 100,000 miles, and looks like a mini BMW M3 lol.
Anyway, I was just trying to find some things that I would enjoy getting for my car. I don't want anything fancy, but some little performance upgrades would be nice.
1. I would like to upgrade the exhaust. Right now it has a standard exhaust. I would like one that would make the car sound more beefy. I don't care for the loud obnoxious bee noise if you understand what I'm saying. I want something that sounds more throaty and intimidating. What would you recommend? One more thing, I would prefer it if it wasnt loud.
2. There's a standard air intake on my car, does it matter which cold air intake I get? What would you recommend and what are some of the better air filters?
3. My headlights are a little dim, again, they are also standard. I want to get some headlights with black casing, as I think it would match and make my car look a little better. Same goes for tail lights, I would like the black housing. Does it matter what brand?
4. My car cd player doesn't play mp3 cd's or burnt discs. I hate the radio and it's commercials and am very picky with music. Any decent looking mp3 players out there for under $150?
5. Anything else that is relatively inexpensive for a car that you'd might suggest?
Sorry for all the questions, I know nothing about the brands/parts for cars, just the simple operations and a few know hows on installing stuff for them.
Thanks for any helps.
1) If you don't want loud, but still sound good. I'd go with the Apexi World Sport, I have the N1 but it is prolly louder than what you want.
2)The only thing to remember is to not spend over $100 on an intake. as far as the filter goes K&N & AEM.
3)I have Sonar black housings off of www.nopionline.com ; the tail lights....they don't have black housing taillights per say. i have mine redded out, or you can "smoke" them basically piant tint on them.
4) just go to best buy or soundadvice (aka tweeter) they have a good selection of them. but under 150....no, unless you ebay it