Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok...my gf drove from the mall to my house, walk inside for one minute and when she went to start the car, it wouldn't crank like the battery was dead. Just tic tic tic. The window rolled up really slow so I figured that was it. So i hooked up jumpers and the windows roll fast again, all the lights works but the car doesn't start. still ticking. here's the weird part. the radio is on, but there is no music and you can hear a dead tone from the speakers. I'm stumped. I checking fuses and nothing's blown so far. When i shut off the radio...the tone stops.

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
baboonstyle said:
ok...my gf drove from the mall to my house, walk inside for one minute and when she went to start the car, it wouldn't crank like the battery was dead. Just tic tic tic. The window rolled up really slow so I figured that was it. So i hooked up jumpers and the windows roll fast again, all the lights works but the car doesn't start. still ticking. here's the weird part. the radio is on, but there is no music and you can hear a dead tone from the speakers. I'm stumped. I checking fuses and nothing's blown so far. When i shut off the radio...the tone stops.
U probably didn't get enough spark, so u probably have bad spark plugs or spark plugs wires.

if it aint it, then it could be a starter. Take the starter over to autozone or watever cuz they'll test it out for u for free to see if it is bad or not.

if it aint it, then u probably have a bad alternator.

·
Registered
56 Posts
viet_83 said:
U probably didn't get enough spark, so u probably have bad spark plugs or spark plugs wires.
I don't think it cranks, viet. It probably wouldn't be the spark.
I think your on track with the starter. Try this, Hit the starter casing with a hammer a few times then try and crank. (not too hard with the hammer, you don't want to break the starter casing) If this works you may want to replace the starter. Unless you want to use a hammer to start your car from now on...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.