Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well the keyslot on my crankshaft that the harmonic pulley goes on, the left side key wall broke away now they pulley wobbles like crazy and the threads for the pulley bolt are bad. my question is should i bring the crank to a machine shop and hope they can fill the existing key hole and make a new one on the other side of the shaft and tap the threads, or just buy a new crankshaft, if this what crankshaft would you reccommend for a B18C5

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
if the threads are screwed and the keyway is broken, I would recommend looking for a new crank, but you can always call a shop and see if they can repair what you have. However then you should rebalance it, and by the time you add up the cost, you may be in the same ballpark as just buying a new crank.

Howerver looks like a new itr crank is about $860 at www.acuraparts247.com

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
kommon_sense said:
if the threads are screwed and the keyway is broken, I would recommend looking for a new crank, but you can always call a shop and see if they can repair what you have. However then you should rebalance it, and by the time you add up the cost, you may be in the same ballpark as just buying a new crank.

Howerver looks like a new itr crank is about $860 at www.acuraparts247.com
wow that is not good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.