Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

i have a 97 acura cl and i tried to remove the drive axle on my drivers side today but couldnt pull the axle out of the other end (i removed it from the rotor already). i was hoping someone had this problem to or knew how to fix it. The manual says I should pry it off but prying doesnt seem to do anything... is there some kind of tool or easier way I can remove it? THANKS

·
Registered
39,372 Posts
BurntRubber87 said:
pry bar, don't slowly pry on it, snap the pry bar, it will pop out.
yep.

you have to pry between the axel and the tranny, there will be space for it. there is an "o" ring on the axel that snaps into the tranny. you have to pry with a good amount of pressure to get it out.

the same goes for putting the new axel in. you have to push it in with enough pressure for it to "snap" into place. you will hear/feel it.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
it's like the odysseys. you need to get two very small(about 2-3mm thin) long (about 12") flat tipped screw drivers.

pop out the passenger side. see the c clip? that's what's holding the driver side in, except they made it a bitch to pop it out on some. so if you can't pop it out with the pry bar you need to pull the outer joint out lightly, to apply some pressure on the c clip.

now take your two flat tipped screw drivers and angle them in there to seat the c clip inward in it's groove. now have an assistant or yourself give it a huge snap/pry motion. it should come out. i just had to do this on my oddy trans today.
it's a pain in the ass....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts