Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered an ECU for my 00 accord ex v6, I replace it for old one and the car doesn't fire up.

Question: When installing a new ecm/pcm, are there special procedures or it is just plug and play?

Should I unplug the car battery before install? should i unplug it at all?
After install I only reset by pulling fuse #13

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
they are plug and play. make sure you have the right ecu. does it crank and not fire, or does it not crank at all. you dont HAVE to disconnect the battery, but whenever im doing something electricronic related to any car, i always remove the negative battery cable. its just a safety precaution of mine.

·
Registered
3,192 Posts
why are you installing a new ecu if you dont mind me asking?

is it an exact obd2 ecu like the original one? im not to familiar with obd2 setups, but i think theres an immobilizer in them that might be why you cant start up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help everbody :number1

The reason why I got a new ecu was, my radiator fan/ac fan/temperature gauge is broken on my car (broken when I bought it). After running the troubleshoot in the Helm's manual it seems to point to a bad ecu (at least I think so). So I'm replacing the ecu in hopes that it will solve my problems. It cranks but doesn't fire up.

I called the dealership, they charge around $140 to re-program the new ecu. I'll go there sometimes next week when I have some free time.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.