Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok...just wondering if anyone has ever had this problem or could help me out:

one night after work i went out to my car (93 honda civic si hb - canadian model) turned it on a proceeded to turn on the lights. unfortunately only my headlights came on...my instrument lights (gauge cluster and heater/ac symbols) did not light up and neither did my taillights of license plate lights. so i checked out the fuse box and found that the fuse for the instrument lights/tail lights/license palte lights was blown...i replaced it but it simply blew again. what i need help with is that i know there is a short somewhere in that circuit but i can't find it. i was just wondering if anyone could help so i could avoid bringing it to a mechanic and save some money.
P.S.
the brake lights work and so do the flashers...i have checked every buld and wire that i can think of within the circuit....

any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
yeah the brake lights and what you said work because they are on a different circuit. Sorry I only have the factory wiring manual for the EF bodied Civics.

·
Registered
274 Posts
have you installed aftermarket lights recently?

The reason I ask is I had a friend with an integra who installed his tail lights and he pinched the parking light wire shorting it out.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
There's not a whole hell of a lot you can do except follow all the wires, make sure that they are connected properly and aren't punctured, etc. If you can't find it, take it to someone....it shouldn't be that expensive.

·
Registered
176 Posts
have you recently installed a new radio?
some times people connects stuff up wrong in the dash. or maybe there is a harness for the radio that has the illumination wire un covered and it is touching the chassis of the radio.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts