Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am doing my first tune-up. I got the oil changed (it was cheap), I am changing the plugs, air filter, and distr. rotor.

Q1) How important is it to change the wires?
Q2) How difficult is it to change the timing belt? I have a little experience with cars, but I am not an expert. Is it something that can be done in a couple hours?
Q3) The car runs pretty rough when in park or stopped at a light. How can this be fixed?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

·
Super Ban-Finger Mod
21,366 Posts
how many miles do you have? if you're asking about how to do a timing belt change, then you shouldn't be attempting it by yourself. it's a very critical procedure.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The car has 217k. I am forgoing the timing belt. It is too clustered for me to want to rip into trying it. I did run into a problem. I couldn't get the distr. rotor off. I am not sure if I pull it off or not. I didn't want to pull too hard and I tried a screwdriver, but again I didn't pry too hard.

Lastly, One of the spark plug cylinders was covered in oil. the plug and the plug cap were covered. My guess is it was a bad seal from the old plug, and the new one would seal better. Is there anything I should monitor with that cylinder?

·
Registered
492 Posts
there is a screw holding the dis rotor on, remove it then pry gentily with a screwdriver,should come off.the oil on spark plug is probably from bad gasket between where the sparkplugs go thru the valve cover opening and meets with the head, these are included in the valve cover gasket kit, good luk.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.